The Unlimited Glories of Vasudeva Datta

There is a great devotee named Vasudeva Datta who was a singer during the pastimes of Lord Caitanya. Vasudeva Datta, the nineteenth branch of the Sri Caitanya tree, was a great personality and a most confidential devotee of the Lord. One could not describe his qualities even with thousands of mouths. He is the reincarnation of a very nice singer in the pastimes of Krishna in Vrindavan known as Madhuvrata. Srila Vasudeva Datta Thakur felt so much compassion for all the suffering souls of this world that he wanted to suffer their sinful reactions so that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu might deliver them.

Vāsudeva Datta told Caitanya Mahāprabhu, “My dear Lord, You incarnate just to deliver all conditioned souls. I now have one petition, which I wish You would accept. You are certainly able to do whatever You like, and You are indeed merciful. If You so desire, You can very easily do whatever You want. My heart breaks to see the sufferings of all the conditioned souls; therefore I request You to transfer the karma of their sinful lives upon my head. My dear Lord, let me suffer perpetually in a hellish condition, accepting all the sinful reactions of all living entities. Please finish their diseased material life.”

Just see the unlimited compassion of this greatest of all Vaisnavas! He was so dear to Lord Caitanya that Lord Caitanya said, "I am only Vasudeva Datta's man. My body is only meant to please Vasudeva Datta, and he can sell Me anywhere." Thrice He vowed that this was a fact and that no one should disbelieve these statements. "All My dear devotees," He said, "I tell you the truth. My body is especially meant for Vasudeva Datta."

Vasudeva Datta initiated Sri Yadunandana Acarya, the spiritual master of Raghunatha dasa, who later became Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. So he is the grand spiritual master of Raghunath dasa Goswami, who is most famous as one the six goswamis of Vrindavan.

We fall down at the feet of Vasudeva Datta begging his mercy that we can develop genuine compassion for the fallen, suffering souls who are caught up in the miserable material existence.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada Blessed Us with
Knowledge of Vasudeva Datta in His Books

Srila Prabhupada Blessed Us with His Books

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Do I Find a Real Guru?

How do I find a real guru? How would I know if the guru is real? I don't want to waste my time and get bamboozled. I'm ready to do anything for the truth for the moksha The ultimate goal.

Answer: One Who Presents Bhagavad-Gita As It Is

Find that spiritual master who is teaching the Bhagavad-gita as it is, who is purely presenting the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna without adding or subtracting anything.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this world deliverance mission.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?