Embrace the World Deliverance Mission

Srila Prabhupada has instructed us, his followers, to make the entire world Krishna conscious, a herculean task indeed. How are we to be successful in making Vedic culture the predominant culture on this planet? There is only one to do so: one person at time. Therefore it is up to all the followers of the Krishna consciousness movement to focus now fully on doing everything they can to enlighten everyone they meet in the sublime science of Krishna consciousness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Devotee Distributes Back to Godhead MagazineDevotee Distributes Back to Godhead Magazine

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: I Need Help. Is There Any Hope For Me?

I am completely out of control. I feel like there is no hope. I have struggled with depression, drug and alcohol addiction since I was 9. I manage to get a year or two of sobriety, and then something comes up to knock me off my feet. Every time I try to change, my life just becomes worse. I get in a routine of chanting and something comes up to knock me off the track. I have always had suicidal thoughts, but know that suicide is not the answer. I am so angry at God right now!

I read that I need to take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master, but I cannot even do the things that I need to do to prepare for initiation.

Is there any hope for me?

Sincerely,
N.G.

Answer: Simply Dedicate Your Life to Krishna

Being angry at God is not the solution. In fact, it is just the opposite. Being angry at God is the problem. It's like a criminal being angry at the government for putting him in prison. Such anger will do nothing but increase his term of imprisonment. When he understands and accepts that he is justly in prison due to his own disobedience of the laws of the state and agrees to abide by the laws of the state he is then soon released from the prison to become once again a free citizen.

People take drugs and alcohol because they are looking for relief from misery. This is their foolishness because drugs and alcohol do nothing but increase their misery. The intelligent way to get relief from misery is to take shelter of Krishna's holy names. It's legal. It doesn't cost any money. And it gives unlimited bliss and satisfaction. It brings you back to your original, natural, pure state of consciousness in which you relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.

So do that. Dedicate your life fully to Krishna by chanting His holy names as much as possible every day, and you will feel the bliss of your own original nature.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?