Departure of a Great Soul

I just received the sad news that my dear Godsister, Srimati Parvati Devi Dasi, has just left her body in Vrindavan, India. She was the devotee who was in charge of who gives the Bhagavad-gita classes in Srila Prabhupada's quarters every afternoon in Vrindavan. For many years every time my wife and I have come to Vrindavan she would always give me the wonderful opportunity to give a Bhagavad-gita lecture in Srila Prabhupada's quarters. What was especially nice is that she would always visit us in our apartment in a very joyful and jubilant mood. Her joyful, super enthusiastic association has always been a great blessing for us every time we visit Vrindavan. Now that she has departed back to Krishna's transcendental abode we will be missing her very much and looking forward to that day when we can again meet her in Goloka Vrindavan.

Srimati Parvati Devi Dasi--a Truly Great Soul

Srimati Parvati Devi Dasi--a Truly Great Soul

Video for the Day

Don't Be Lower than an Animal


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Why Krishna Creates So Many Souls?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

I pay my humble obeisances unto your lotus feet.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

If someone is criticizing me/ scolding me badly/ finding my flaws, at that moment what should be going on inside my mind? Should I think of it as Krishna's mercy?

Also on one hand, I know that Krishna is self satisfied, full of six opulences. Then why does He create so many souls to serve Him in different ways?

Your insignificant servant,

Saloni

Answer: To Expand His Happiness Unlimitedly

From: Kaliningrad, Russia

My Dear Saloni,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Take the criticism as Krishna's special mercy to help you become humble.

Krishna loves to have loving relationships with His devotees. Therefore He expands from Himself an infinite number of devotees to expand His happiness unlimitedly.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?