The Devotee's Greatest Treasure

If one diligently, patiently, determinedly, and enthusiastically perseveres in pursuance of even seemingly impossible goals, by the grace of Lord Sri Krishna he can be successful. Therefore one should never abandon spiritual goals such as becoming a pure devotee of Krishna and making the world Krishna conscious. The devotee should always keep these goals tightly within his heart as his greatest treasure.

Srila Prabhupada Always Encourages His Disciples

Srila Prabhupada Always Encourages His Disciples

Video For the Day: Don't Cheat Yourself

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Focus My Mind While Chanting?

Dear Gurudeva
All Glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

I'm helpless, and I hope you can advise me how to improve my chanting. I find it hard to focus my mind and stay still when I'm chanting. Though if I have read Srila Prabhupada's books just before starting, it is easier. My mind is somehow really restless and although I read many hours a day, I can't successfully concentrate to those stories later, longer times. Do You have some tips how to be more successful in my chanting? I like to sing those holy names (also) when I'm doing something else, but chanting just seems to be hard sometimes, which I feel horrible about. But still I can't cry out Krishna's names, though sometimes I get some emotions, but soon lose them again. How to reach that right humble state of mind, though I see myself as Krishna's humble servant but just can't bring that feeling enough up (all the time when chanting)?

Your humble student

Noora

Answer: Chant Before Sunrise and Beg Krishna to Help You

It will be much easier for you to chant if you will rise early in the morning before sunrise, take your bath, and then finish all 16 rounds of japa before the sunrise. Plus if you request Krishna to help you in your chanting, just as you have requested me, He will reciprocate with you and help you to develop a taste for His holy names. Therefore every day before you start your japa pray to Krishna to help you enter into full absorption in His beautiful names.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?