Spiritual Master's Mission: Krishnize the Whole World

Srila Prabhupada explains in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, Chapter One, Text Twenty-three:

"The expert spiritual master knows the art of utilizing everything to glorify the Lord, and therefore under his guidance the whole world can be turned into the spiritual abode by the divine grace of the Lord's servant."

This is the mission of the spiritual master. He wants to make the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He cannot tolerate seeing the suffering people of this world imprisoned by the chains of material sense gratification. He wants to free them all as soon as possible.

Srila Prabhupada Wants to Save the World from Misery

Srila Prabhupada Wants to Save the World from Misery

Video For the Day: Be Happy and Make the Whole World Happy

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Get Rid of Lusty Desires?

Every time when my sadhana is going nicely, after a few days of practice I fall prey to Maya. Yesterday I again fell prey to maya in thinking and feeling sex impulse. It makes me feel that I again lost all the understanding I studied and heard. I am very disturbed and confused. Even though I do not want to think about sex, still this desire of so-called enjoyment is very much in my thoughts. So how to get rid of it?

Your servant

Answer: Spit on Them

We have been maddened animals running after sex pleasure for millions of lifetimes. So it is not surprising that devotees may sometimes be bothered with a sexual impulse. Even the great Vaisnava acharya Yamunacharya mentions sometimes bothered by thinking of sex pleasure:

yad-avadhi mama cetaḥ kṛṣṇa-pādāravinde
nava-nava-rasa-dhāmany udyataṁ rantum āsīt
tad-avadhi bata nārī-saṅgame smaryamāne
bhavati mukha-vikāraḥ suṣṭhu niṣṭhīvanaṁ ca

"Since I have been engaged in the transcendental loving service of Krishna, realizing ever-new pleasure in Him, whenever I think of sex pleasure I spit at the thought, and my lips curl with distaste."

Memorize this verse. And whenever you get lusty recite it both in Sanskrit and in English. This will empower you to mentally spit at the degraded thought and walk away from it with a clean state of mind.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?