The Devotee Dedicates His Life for Saving the World

The devotee of the Lord cannot tolerate the suffering of the millions and billions of people who are living without Krishna consciousness and degrading themselves by overindulgence in sense gratification to take birth in the 8 milion varieties of lower species in their next life. Due to his compassionate nature he is pained greatly to see this. Therefore he fully dedicates his life for making the entire world Krishna conscious so that the people can be fully happy in this life and have their next life in the spiritual world with Lord Sri Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

With Srila Prabhupada in His Room at Radha Damodar Temple
Sri Vrindavana Dhama--26 September 2014
Sankarshan Das With Srila Prabhupada in His Room

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Do Hindus Worship Idols?

Sir, I have many Abrahamic friends who always ask me why you Hindus worship idols even it is condemned in your scriptures. They quote, "Na tasya pratima asti" from the Yajurveda saying that it means that God has no form. I know that there is some logical reason behind Deity worship of Lord. There is always a question in my mind. Why Lord Krishna condemned worshipping deity in Abrahamic scriptures? Why He advised to hate and kill idolaters or disbelievers in Holy Quran (9:5) and when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush? Why He would punish non-Muslims on the Day of Judgment? Why Christians accuse us of worshipping Satan? Why the God of Abraham says that gods other than Him are false? There are many such questions which I cannot express. I wonder how my thoughts have became Abrahamic. I have started to fear God. Although born in a Hindu family, I feel myself as an infidel. I have a great love for all prophets Krishna sent. Let it be Jesus or Prophet Muhammad. But My research on Abrahamic faith has led me towards confusion. I have started doubting Vedic knowledge. Vedic rituals which I used to enjoy in past are idolatrous and ignorant in my view now. I have watched a video on YouTube where Christians say that Hindu deities are fallen angels and demons. This has led me to a great shock. O Ocean of Mercy please help me to purify my mind. Please help me to rebuild the faith for Krishna and Vedas. You can understand my psychological state by reading the mail. I am in a great fear that I may go to eternal hell for disbelieving God and worshipping idols. Muslims and Christians also say that we are being disloyal to God by worshipping idols.

A fallen soul,
R.S.

Answer: We Worship the Original Form of God

The first point is we are not Hindus. Hindu is a term that was coined by the Muslims to describe those persons who lived east of the River Sindhu. If we have any identity, it is as the followers of the scientific system of self-realization elaborately described in the Vedic scriptures.

The Vedic aphorism, "na tasys pratima asti", means "God does not have a material form." It does not mean that God does not have a form.

The Vedic scriptures that we follow are eternal. They do not have any beginning point in history. In the Kali-yuga, which began 5,000, years ago, other religious systems have arisen that contain partial truth and are at the same time tinged by ignorance. These other religious systems are true insofar at they concur with the Vedas and untrue insofar as they differ from the Vedas. You should reject the association of those who label the followers of the Vedas as infidels and associate only with those who seriously follow the Vedic path such as the followers of the Krishna consciousness movement. By proper association and hearing from enlightened spiritual masters, not greedy lusty, fools and rascals, your confusion and fear will go away.

Krishna is not an idol, a false god. He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the source of all existence. He is partially revealed in other religions systems and fully revealed in the Vedas. He has thousands and millions of names. Christ, Jehovah, Allah, and Buddha are also accepted as names of God. But His name as Krishna is the most perfect, full, and complete name for God because it includes all of God's unlimited attractive qualities within its two syllables.

That day when the Christians and Muslims realize that Krishna is the same God that they follow in the Bible and Quran will be the day when God's kingdom becomes fully manifested on this earth. May that day come soon!

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?