When Our Luggage Did Not Come

When we arrived in Mendoza, Argentina on 6 January 2014 we were among the first to clear customs. But when we got to the luggage claim carousel it was a different story altogether. We waited and waited and waited, and still our luggage did not come. Round and round the carousel went again and again, but still our luggage did not manifest. As seasoned travelers whose luggage has been lost many times we were emotionally prepared to deal with the prospect of lost luggage. But still to feel my connection with Krishna and not let my consciousness get totally engrossed in the duality of luggage/ no luggage, I started chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra. I was not chanting asking Krishna to please make sure that my luggage comes. If I had done so, this would have been a offense because instead of my asking the Lord to engage me in His service, I would have been asking Him to engage in my service. Therefore I was chanting in the mood of begging Krishna to always keep me engaged in His service eternally regardless of whether my luggage comes or not. Thus my mind became completely peaceful without any anxiety of whether our luggage comes or not. And then our luggage appeared.

Where Is My Luggage?

Where Is My Luggage?

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Working In A Shop Selling Meat

A friend of mine very recently started chanting on beads; reading Srila Prabhupada's books and offering nice vegetarian food to Krishna. However due to limited job options in her town of residence she is working in Sushi shop where she serves meat. As per Manu Samhita 5.51 a person serving meat also gets sinful reactions for animal killing. Please advise what is best for her.

Your insignificant servant,
Amol

Answer: Look For Another Job

If she becomes serious about becoming Krishna conscious, she needs to seek another type of employment. There are so many jobs available in the market place which do not require one to handle meat.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?