Hare Krishna Rocks the Universe

In the material world we see that so many musicians come and go, some of them being prominent and influential for some time until they vanish into oblivion and are completely forgotten. But there is one type of music which never loses its power and is so potent that it impacts the entire universe. That music is the congregational chanting of the Hare Krishna mahamantra. It is so powerful that simply by Lord Caitanya's performance of it 500 years ago in the area of Navadvipa in India a wave of love of God was introduced which will gradually inundate the entire universe. Srila Prabhupada describes this as follows in his purport to Sri Caitanya Caritamrita, Adi Lila, Chapter 13, Text 32:

"One may raise the question how all three worlds became inundated with love of Krishna, since Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed kirtana only in the Navadvipa area. The answer is that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krishna Himself. The entire cosmic manifestation results from the Lord's first setting it in motion. Similarly, since the sankirtana movement was first set in motion five hundred years ago by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire that it spread all over the universe, the Krishna consciousness movement, in continuity of that same motion, is now spreading all over the world, and in this way it will gradually spread all over the universe. With the spread of the Krishna consciousness movement, everyone will merge in an ocean of love of Krishna."

By the mercy of Srila Prabhupada, who is spreading Lord Caitanya's movement all over the world, everyone now has the opportunity to awaken the dormant pure love of God, which has been sleeping since time immemorial in their hearts.

Lord Caitanya Performs Sankirtana in Navadvipa, India

Lord Caitanya Performs Sankirtana in Navadvipa, India

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Keep Faith When I Can't Go to Temple Often?

I read your daily sayings with attention and learn a lot from them. However, I recently lost my job and since transport is very expensive and the Radha Krishna temple is far away from where I live, how do I keep my association of devotees ongoing? I miss going to the temple but can't afford to do so anymore, and I am finding it hard to keep my faith sometimes when I am tired and discouraged.

Can you provide any guidance on how I can keep my faith alive even if I pray at home?

Many thanks
Anysha

Answer: Always Remember Srila Prabhupada's Teachings

If by force of circumstances you cannot physically associate with the Lord's devotees, you should associate with them constantly within your heart by the method taught by Srila Prabhupada in a letter he wrote to his disciple, Sivananda Sen Das, who was feeling very lonely away from the association of the other devotees:

"You write to say, 'I really miss Prabhupada and my Godbrothers' association so much.' But I may remind you that I am always with you. Wherever I am, you and your Godbrothers are there. Please remember always the humble teachings that you have received from me, and that will keep you always associated with me and with your Godbrothers also."

If you will sincerely follow the above advise of Srila Prabhupada, you will feel strongly connected and protected in your Krishna consciousness even while you are physically separated from the devotees.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?