Desiring to See Krishna's Pastimes in Vrindavana

2 October 2012--This morning Lord Sri Krishna gave me a lot of special mercy. On the request of the temple management I lead the singing at Srila Prabhupada's mangala arati in Prabhupada's samadhi. This was from 4:10am until 4:25am. Then feeling very purified and uplifted I headed back to my quarters in the Vrindavana Bhaktivedanta Ashram to wake up Sri Sri Radha Damodar, offer them some milk sweets, and then offer them mangala arati. Along the way while walking under some of the trees of Vrindavana I gazed up at the brilliant moon illuminating the night sky. This immediately reminded me of Lord Sri Krishna's most sublime Vrindavana pastimes. And then feeling surcharged from this remembrance and hankering to see the Lord and His lila with my own eyes I recited this prayer composed by Srinivasa Acharya describing the moods of the Six Goswamis of Vrindavana:

he rādhe vraja-devike ca lalite he nanda-sūno kutaḥ
śrī-govardhana-kalpa-pādapa-tale kālindī-vane kutaḥ

"Queen of Vrindavana, Radharani! O Lalita! O son of Nanda Maharaja! Where are you all now? Are you just on the hill of Govardhan, or are you under the trees on the bank of the Yamuna? Where are you?" .

Srinivasa Acharya writes that the six Goswamis were chanting in this mood very loudly everywhere in Vrindavana. Krishna so kindly blessed me with a tiny sample taste of this desire to behold His beautiful form and His pastimes. I know from the writings of Narottama Das Thakur that now I must become free from all of my material desires so that someday I will become actually qualified to behold the Lord, His dhama, and His pastimes in their full splendor.

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Is this Course Really Free?

I happened to stumble upon your website, and read that you were offering a free online course about self-realization. It said that the course was being offered COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE. And I just wanted to ask you, is that really true?

As sweet as this offer sounds, I cannot help but wonder if there is some hidden charge at some point. But if it truly is real, I would be both humbled, and blessed to learn what I can from you. Thank you for reading this, and I hope to hear from you soon.

-David

Answer: It's Free and It Will Free You

It is indeed a fact that we do not charge anything for this course. It's free, and it will free you from the wheel of birth and death. How could we dare to charge money for something that our spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, gave us free of charge? That would be crass materialism, just the opposite of what we teach. Since Prabhupada freely gave us this ultimate liberating knowledge we are passing it on freely to you as an act of love. Because we care, we share. Also at no point in the future will we charge a fee for this course. There is only price that we ask to you pay if you want to derive the full benefit from our course, and that is the price of faith.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?