Vishnupriya Devi Dasi, the Unsung Hero

After a brief hiatus here at Bhaktivedanta Ashram in Austin, Texas my wife, Vishnupriya devi dasi, and I are now preparing to hit the road again for spreading the wonderful teachings of Krishna all over the world. On this round-the-world trip I will be lecturing in the UK, Bulgaria, Mauritius, South Africa, Malaysia, Australia, and Los Angeles before returning to Austin at the end of next month. In regards to my preaching activities, the blessings of my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, and the loving assistance of my wife are my greatest assets. We always hear how important is the spiritual master. But we rarely hear how important is a Krishna conscious wife. Therefore in this regard my wife is truly an unsung hero. She always makes sure that I have the proper diet and living facilities, and she always gives me very pertinent and practical advice from her advanced Krishna conscious perspective on the best way to present these profound teachings to my audiences around the globe. My disciples and students all over the world affectionately address her as Gurumata. She constantly instructs and guides them as a loving mother teaching them how to always serve Guru, Krishna, and Vaisnavas in the best possible loving way. She gets a major chunk of the credit for whatever successes I am experiencing in my world enlightenment activities.

Vishnupriya Devi Dasi, Affectionately Known as Gurumata

Vishnupriya Devi Dasi, Affectionately Known as Gurumata

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: What Happens to Cow Killers and Eaters?

Most Respected Sir,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I would like to humbly inquire.
,
1] What happens to cow killers and cow eaters ? What are the advantages of serving cows for a devotee of Lord Krishna ?
2] How to respect women?

I am the greatest fool, but fortunate enough to come in your contact. Kindly enlighten me.

Aspiring to be servant of your servant,

Gopal

Answer: They Become Cows and Are Killed and Eaten

Cow killers and cow eaters become cows in their next lifetime and are killed and eaten.

Since the cows are very dear to Krishna, those who serve cows in the service of Krishna become very dear to Krishna.

Women are respected by treating them as you would your mother. Therefore in Vedic culture every woman except for one's wife is addressed as mother.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?