The Spiritual Master Enlivens and Enlightens

The spiritual master enlightens and enlivens his disciples. He does not leave them in a forlorn position caught up in the miseries of birth, death, old age, and disease. Instead he takes the time and trouble to answer all their doubts and engage them happily in the Lord's service. Thus he delivers them back to their original liberated identities in the transcendental pastimes of Lord Sri Krishna in His magnificent transcendental abode, Goloka Vrindavan.

Srila Prabhupada Enlightens & Enlivens His Disciples

Srila Prabhupada Enlightens & Enlivens His Disciples

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How the Loveless Can Serve with Love?

Dear Gurudeva,
Please accept my obeisances

You always says that we should chant with love and serve with love. But we will love God only when we reach the prema stage. Now we don't love God. So how can we do something with love if we don't have love? How to understand that?

Your eternal servant,

Raghavendra Das

Answer: Try Your Best and Krishna Will Help You

The principle of serving Krishna and chanting His name with love is very important. Krishna instructs us in the Bhagavad-gita that if we offer him a leaf, a flower, fruit, or water with love, He will accept it. It is fact that in the neophyte stage we do not yet possess pure love for Krishna. So how will Krishna accept our offerings, our service, and our chanting? The answer is that in spite of our deficiencies we should try to chant, serve, and make offerings as lovingly as possible. We can beg Krishna's mercy, "My dear Lord, I know that I am not qualified to properly serve You because I have not yet awakened love for You within my heart. Therefore I am begging You that in spite of my disqualification you will my mercifully accept my humble offerings, chanting, and service." Krishna will reciprocate with us very nicely, if we approach Him in this humble way. Even if we have no love for Krishna, we should think, "How would I do this if I did have love for Krishna?", and try to do it in that mood. In this way Krishna will kindly accept our offerings, and we will make steady progress on the pathway back to home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?