Serving Guru Eternally

Regarding his spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada writes, "He lives forever by his divine instructions and the follower lives with him." This is a fact for the bona fide spiritual master. He lives forever by his divine instructions and his followers live with him. He serves his spiritual master faithfully in this lifetime both by rendering him loving personal service as well as by following his instructions. And upon returning back to home, back to Godhead he eternally serves his spiritual in that wondrous transcendental abode.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Chanting, But Not Following Rules

Your Grace,

I am thoroughly confused. The first Krishna consciousness book I read, "Chant and Be Happy," simply said to chant the maha-mantra, which I began doing. But then, the more I read (and heard), the more rules and regulations got added. I wish to God I could meet all these many requirements, but, at this point, I don't seem able to. Should I just give up, or is it still worthwhile to chant the mantra? I read the Bhagavad-gita daily, trying to understand, but I've read it several hundred times before, and clearly I have not yet understood it. The thing is, I'm wondering if I'm just doomed, buried in the mound of past karma. I really don't know how to proceed, or even if I can proceed. And yet, if I am in fact doomed, then why am I asking this question? Deep down, even though I don't understand Him, I do know that Krishna is the Lord, and that I am merely His servant. Please enlighten me, Your Grace.

Hare Krishna,
A.

Answer: Chant and Be Happy Now, Rules Later

Don't worry about the rules and regulations of Krishna consciousness. Simply chant Hare Krishna and be happy. As you become more and more deeply absorbed in the sweet nectar of Krishna's name, your bad habits will naturally fall by the wayside as you become more and more deeply absorbed in the nectarean ocean of Lord Sri Krishna's unlimitedly sweet holy name. Eventually you will happily embrace all of the rules and regulations for the purpose of diving even deeper into that unlimitedly sweet ocean.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?