For a Devotee Every Day is Bliss as Usual

A devotee of the Lord does not base his bliss on his material circumstances. The basis of his bliss is to be fully absorbed in Krishna consciousness by always endeavoring at every minute to successfully carry out the orders he has received from his spiritual master. He is not elated by success because he never thinks it is his success. He only sees it as the mercy of the Lord. And he is never depressed or discouraged by failure because he simply sees as the merciful arrangement of the Lord to help His devotee feel more and more dependent on the mercy of the Lord. In other words, in all situations his happiness is simply to understand and feel how the Lord is being merciful to him. Thus he is always blissful in all situations.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Inviting the People Back to the Spiritual World Valparaiso, Chile--17 January 2011

Sankarshan Das Inviting the People Back to the Spiritual World

Transcendental Chilean Farewell Santiago, Chile--18 January 2011

Transcendental Chilean Farewell Santiago to Sankarshan Das

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: What is Your Stage of Advancement?

On 26 December 2010 you talked about the stages a devotee goes through progressing on the path of bhakti. If I may, I would like to inquire about what stage you are at, what you experience, and maybe even a few examples of revelational and mystical experiences you've had along the pathway of spiritual progress..

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.

Nick

Answer: Rascal Fully Absorbed in Guru's Service

Personally I consider myself to be nowhere along the path of spiritual advancement. In my opinion I am simply a despicable rascal.

But according to the great Vaisnava acharya, Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur, we can judge how much a devotee is advanced along the path of bhakti by how successful he is in spreading the science of Krishna consciousness all over the world. So if you want to understand my position, you can consider that I am guiding over 12,000 people in the science of bhakti in over 100 countries, that I have initiated disciples in every continent of the globe, and that I am fully absorbed in trying to carry out my spiritual master's order to be a guru and deliver the entire world.

For forty years since my initiation into Krishna consciousness in 1971 I have faithfully served the orders of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada. By this absorption my every day is the sweetest revelational, mystical happiness of ever-expanding Krishna consciousness. So now you can decide for yourself what is my position in Krishna consciousness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?