Departing from Down Under

After more than a month of being "down under" in Australia, Fiji, and New Zealand we are now heading back today to the northern hemisphere, this time to Canada, for the conclusion of 2009's first preaching tour. (The second tour will begin at the end of next month.) This four months tour of sixteen countries has as usual been a most nectarean, unforgettable experience. There is truly nothing sweeter than participating in this supremely glorious Krishna consciousness movement. Throughout the three worlds what could be more exciting or enlivening than this? I am eternally dedicated to my all-merciful spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, for giving me the most sublime, happy, and revolutionary eternal existence as a servant of Lord Caitanya. Today in gratitude I offer Srila Prabhupada this song:

I feel so happy today.
And I'll tell you the reason why.
I've been blessed with a boon by the most gracious of sages,
That indeed I'll never die.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

ISKCON Temple in Auckland, New Zealand

ISKCON Temple in Auckland, New Zealand

Sri Sri Radha Giridhari the Deities of Auckland, New Zealand

Sri Sri Radha Giridhari the Deities of Auckland, New Zealand

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Where Will We Find Shelter in Your Absence?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thank you for blessing me with access to this Krishna consciousness movement. Your every thought word and deed serves to give Krishna to others just as you have received His mercy. After I read your "Thought for the Day" entitled "Kaliya Krishna" I was feeling that you may be winding up your pastimes. I know a Vaisnava never dies, but still it hurts because I have such a weak connection to your eternal vani presence in the form of your instructions. What will become of your students? Where will we find shelter as we struggle to serve you? I hope these questions are proper and favorable for devotional service.

Your aspiring servant,
-Jagannatha dasa

Answer: I Will Never Leave

Do not worry that I am winding up my pastimes. My pastimes are eternal. I will live forever, and my disciples will live eternally with me. If my disciples will stick tightly to carrying out the instructions I have given them, they will never experience any difficulties in their spiritual lives. They will very easily and happily cross over the ocean of birth and death and regain their original identities as servants of the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna in His eternal pastimes in the spiritual world.

You are feeling a little anxiety now that someday you will be physically separated from me, your spiritual master. Such feelings of fearing imminent separation are transcendental and are very beneficial for your progress on the path of bhakti. It is through such feelings that one is able to transcend the influence of the three modes of material nature and become solidly situated on the spiritual stratum. You should always remember that if you remain forever fully dedicated to carrying out the orders you have received from your spiritual master, you will be given a place of permanent residence in his heart and he will permanently reside in your heart. In this way you are guaranteed to never be separated from your spiritual master for all of eternity.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?