Writing "Thought for the Day" in a Taxi

23 June 2008, 5:20pm--This is being written in the back seat of a taxi driven by a wonderful devotee named Raja Ram das. He is driving us free of charge (in spite of today's inflated gasoline prices) half way around the Fijian Island known as Vitilevu from Suva to Nadi, where we will catch a flight tomorrow morning to Auckland, New Zealand. In Auckland after a five-and-a-half hour wait in the airport, we will catch a eleven-and-a-half hour flight across the Pacific Ocean to Santiago, Chile. There after a 7 hour wait in the airport we will catch a 4 hour flight to Lima, Peru. Finally after two nights and two days in transit we will reach our next temporary residence on the road in Lima, Peru.

So the point is that I don't know if, when, or where I will be able to upload the 25 June "Thought for the Day" during this time. Since in Fiji I have been able to use my mobile phone for uploading it, the safest bet is to upload it here in Fiji before taking rest tonight. I am making sure to do this so the many readers who very much appreciate receiving "Thought for the Day" every day can get it on time.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all you who have so much appreciated "Thought for the Day" and our weekly lesson. Writing this newsletter every day has been the greatest opportunity of my life to please my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, by spreading his teachings all over the world for the deliverance of a human society which is very much suffering the pangs of material existence.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Writing "Thought for the Day" in a TaxiSankarshan Das Writing "Thought for the Day" in a Taxi

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Kaliya Serpent in Fiji Now?

Dear Srila Gurudev,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

In "Thought for the Day" dated 21st June 2008 you mentioned the following:

"The local native Fijian people know that that there is a gigantic multi-hooded snake that lives in Fiji."

But if Kaliya is there, then why has there been no report in the newspapers regarding such a snake? I am not telling that Kaliya does not exist or that the pastime of Krishna punishing Kaliya did not take place. But I cannot not believe he could be there now as I thought that by now Kaliya snake would be dead.

Am sorry for my ignorance. Please guide me.

Vishal

Answer: Local Reports Confirm His Presence

My Dear Vishal,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

The local devotees here in Fiji know about the sightings of the giant multi-hooded Kaliya serpent even in recent times. So it appears that most likely Kaliya is still living here in Fiji. The tree from which Krishna jumped to subdue Kaliya on the bank of the Yamuna is still living. So it is not inconceivable that Kaliya could also still be living.

The native Fijian people also revere Kaliya as divine being who dwells in Fiji. They call him Degei (pronounced Dengei).

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Is Kaliya in Fiji now?Is Kaliya in Fiji now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?