When There's No More Oil, Get Back to the Soil

We have not run out of oil yet, but we are rapidly moving in that direction. Before we reach that point we need to realize the practical reality that our oil-based socio-economic system cannot continue indefinitely. It is simple common sense that we need to take a serious look now at the way the world operated before petroleum came on the scene. In those days the majority of the people lived on small family-operated farms depending on cows for milk and bulls and horses for the power to pull the plow and for transportation. Of course, electric and solar powered vehicles are a possible option. But as it is said, "Trust no future, however pleasant." There is no certainty that we can generate a sufficient quantity of power to enable us to maintain our present social structure. Therefore we must now take a very serious look at revamping the human society in the direction of the model which has successfully maintained the human race for thousands and thousands of years on this planet.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: A Thousand Questions
I am a great devotee of Lord Krishna. I pray to him everyday. I prayed from my childhood. I have not said to anybody in my life except to my mother and grandparents that I love Him. Nobody could give me right answers for my thousand questions. Actually I was not satisfied from their answers. From my 1,000 questions one question is:

What are the ways to find Lord Krishna and how to keep my mind in peace?

I am too small to love God, but I am not like other girls in Kali Yuga.

Yours sincerely
Anumita

Answer: A Million Answers

I am very happy that you are very dedicated to Lord Krishna and also that you are feeling yourself very small. This is always the mood of a devotee. He feels himself to be very tiny and insignificant. The good news is that you do not have to go very far to find Lord Krishna because He has mercifully appeared in the sound of His holy names:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

If you will regularly chant the above mahamantra at least 16 rounds daily on japa mala beads and if you will refrain from sinful activities such as illicit sex life, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling, then it is sure and certain that you will gradually reawaken the pure love of Krishna which is currently lying dormant within your heart. You will find Krishna, you will live always in perfect peace, and even if you have a million questions, they will all be answered perfectly.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?