Living Always in Paradise

We are now here for a brief three day stop in the Fiji Islands, a popular tropical paradise destination for millions of tourists. My purpose of coming here is not fun in the sun. My purpose of coming here is to spread the rays of Lord Caitanya's benediction moon in this place which, like every other nation on the face of this planet, is so much bereft of spiritual knowledge. What amazes me the most about Krishna consciousness that whether I am in hellish northern city or in serene tropical paradise, the taste is the same. The taste of Krishna consciousness is super sweet no matter where we may be in this material world. As soon as we connect with Krishna through the transcendental sound vibration of His holy names we are immediately living in the serene paradise of His transcendental abode.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Explaining Krishna Bhakti to Guru Das in Riga, LatviaSankarshan Das Explaining Krishna Bhakti to Guru Das

Answering Emails in FijiSankarshan Das Answering Emails in Fiji

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Improve my Faith?

I stay away from my home town because I am a student. I am scared that I will fall down because there are no devotees here. I am alone with nondevotees. I want to continue with my bhakti while I live here, but I need advise how to do so. I read "Thought for the Day" every day, but I do not have enough faith. I want to improve my faith. How can I do so?

Your humble servant,

Thirumurugan

Answer: Have Nice Daily Sadhana

To become strong in your Krishna consciousness, you must simply rise early every day and have nice sadhana. Here's what you should do every morning without fail:

1. Take bath
2. Decorate your body with tilak
3. Sing the Gurvastakam prayers
4. Chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra on japa beads
5. Study the Srimad Bhagavatam
6. Prepare your breakfast and offer it to the Lord
7. Partake of the foods you have offered to the Lord (prasadam)

If you do the above every day you will get a wonderful taste for Krishna consciousness. You will not be attracted by the lower taste of material sense gratification, and you will hence not fall down.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?