God the Son and God the Father

Recently one of my readers attacked me for not accepting Jesus. Such an attack is ridiculous because I have fully accepted Jesus much more so than the so-called Christians. After all, it was he who inspired me to take to the pathway of Krishna bhakti. There is no difference between the teachings of God the Father (Krishna) and God the Son (Jesus). Krishna is the name of God the Father, Who we read about in the Bible. When I explained to her that it was Lord Jesus who called me to the path of Krishna bhakti she replied,

"If Christ calls you, he wants you to serve him not other false Gods with contradictory statements. I pray that you come to know what Christ stands for, which is totally different from what Krishna is. "

Apparently she has not carefully read the statements of Lord Jesus in the Bible and compared them with the statements of Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita. If she were to do so, she would see that both of them are teaching exactly the same thing, that we must fully surrender ourselves unto the Supreme Person in loving service.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: What Should I Tell My Father?

I feel it difficult to continue my practice of Krishna consciousness because my father is always scolding me and asking why I am chanting Hare Krishna. What should I say to my father?

Kani

Answer: He Should Encourage You to Chant

Tell your father that if you, his child, become spiritually perfect by chanting the holy names of God, that by the Lord's special mercy because he is your father, he will automatically become delivered from the cycle of birth and death. Therefore since you are chanting for his benefit to permanently save him from all material miseries, he should encourage you to chant as much as possible.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?