Good Fortune Throughout the Universe

If we want to factually come out of the darkness of ignorance and misery into the full light of spiritual knowledge and bliss, we must be under the guidance of a bona fide spiritual master. I remember quite well the dark, dreary life I suffered through for so many long years before I was blessed with eternal shelter at the lotus feet of my beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. It was really tough before I became his disciple. I wouldn't want to wish such a meaningless, confused existence upon anyone. But this is where the entire human society is situated at the present moment. They are not under a guru's shelter.

Krishna was really kind to bring me in contact with Srila Prabhupada. I wish that everyone throughout the world can equally fortunate to be blessed with the shelter of a bona fide spiritual master. Therefore I now offer to Lord Krishna the following powerful mantra from the Srimad Bhagavatam for the deliverance of all the fallen, conditioned souls:

svasty astu viśvasya khalaḥ prasīdatāḿ
dhyāyantu bhūtāni śivaḿ mitho dhiyā
manaś ca bhadraḿ bhajatād adhokṣaje
āveśyatāḿ no matir apy ahaitukī

"May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare. Therefore let us all engage in the service of the supreme transcendence, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, and always remain absorbed in thought of Him."
Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 5.18.9

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How Can I Be Happy in an Upset World?

Dear Master Teacher,

Thank you for you kindness in spreading Krishna Consciousness world wide. I am in need of such help please work with my ignorance and answer these questions:

Is Lord Vishnu an incarnation of Lord Sri Krishna? And what is the significance?

How does one learn of their past life and mission in this life?

How can I be happy if the whole world is upset about one thing or another?

What does your name mean?

I think it would be great if you could put some videos of instruction on www.YouTube.com. It would be good, I am sure, so please consider this.

Sunday my house flooded because of a broken water heater. I think God is having fun with me. Please advise, I will keep on chanting and my goals are reached!

Would you be kind enough to give me the list of things I should and should not be doing. I only want to be involved with divine past times.

Hare Krishna!

Cheryl

Answer: Seriously Take Up Krishna Consciousness

From: Bhaktivedanta Ashram--Austin, Texas, USA

My Dear Cheryl,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

According to the authoritative descriptions in the revealed scriptures Lord Sri Krishna is the original form of Godhead. All other incarnations are His expansions. So the four-armed Lord Vishnu is an incarnation of Krishna for the purpose of universal management. Just as a wealthy, powerful businessman hires managers to run his business for him, Krishna expands from Himself various Vishnu forms to take care of universal management. This frees Him for enjoying at home in His eternal abode with His intimate devotees.

You have been in the cycle of birth and death for millions of lifetimes, therefore what you were in your previous lifetime is not very important. What is important is that you should fully qualify yourself in this lifetime for going back to home, back to Godhead by fully surrendering yourself unto Lord Sri Krishna under the guidance of the bona fide spiritual master.

Even though the entire world is in a chaotic disturbed condition, if you will seriously take the process of Krishna consciousness, you will become solidly situated on the transcendental platform far, far beyond all the sufferings of material existence. You will enter into a world of unlimited, ever-increasing happiness.

Sankarshan means "one who attracts all living beings." It is a name for the Supreme Lord. Das means servant. Hence Sankarshan Das means "the servant of He Who attracts all living beings."

There are already quite few videos of me on www.Youtube.com. Simply type in "Sankarshan" in the search box and many of my videos will come up.

Whatever happens to us is God's arrangement to try to induce us to voluntarily return to His service. The Lord is pained to see that we are suffering in this material existence. Therefore He is trying to convince us to come back to home, back to Godhead. The spiritual master is petitioning on His behalf.

Here are our basic principles:

1. No illicit sex (sex other than for procreation)
2. No meat eating (including fish and eggs)
3. No intoxication (including coffee, tea, and cigarettes)
4. No gambling
5. Chant at least 16 rounds of Hare Krishna mantra every day on chanting beads
6. Only eat Krishna prasadam (food which has been first offered to Lord Krishna)
7. Regularly study the Bhagavad-gita As It Is and the Srimad Bhagavatam

If you can follow these principles, you will become very strong in spiritual life and will become solidly situated in great transcendental happiness.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?