By Air, Sea, Car and Foot

We're getting ready to head out on another around-the-world preaching tour on 31 March. We will be traveling by air, sea, car, and even by foot when we enter Russia. We need to do whatever it takes to spread the message of Krishna all over the world. The world population is suffering like anything without Krishna consciousness. If we have any compassion upon our fellow citizens of Planet Earth, we must get this message out to them loud and clear so that they can awaken from the slumber of material sense gratification and revive their eternal all-blissful identities as pure spirit-souls in quality one with the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Get Training?

Greeting of peace and love,

In the spiritual thought of today, you mentioned that you can help those who are looking forward to change the world of today through training. I would like to be part of that training eagerly, however I am living in the West Bank- Palestine, and all the training you mentioned happened very far away from me. Do you have any suggestions? I really would like to make progress with myself first to be the example. I have the zeal and I am on the path with other spiritual devotions but I can say that the acquirement is not to my aspiration.

Your student
in Palestine-West Bank, Ramallah

Answer: Here's What You Need to Do

I am very happy that you would like to be trained how to live your life in such a way that you can be instrumental for bringing positive change in the world. I wish there was a lot more people like you on this planet! You are the future hope of your country.

The simple method is that you have to live your life in such a way that you are totally in harmony with Krishna or God.

Here are some the basic things you need to be doing:

1. Vegetarian diet (Offer the foods to God before eating.)
2. Sex only for procreation
3. Avoid intoxicants including coffee, tea, and cigarettes
4. Avoid gambling including lotteries
5. Chant the names of God every day. Any names of God can be uttered according to any religious tradition. The Vedic scriptures however recommend that the most powerful and effective method for chanting is to chant the Hare Krishna mantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

If you can strictly follow the above items you become more and more purified in your consciousness and naturally you will have an uplifting impact on your country and the entire world. So I urge you to seriously adopt the above principles as far as you are able and keep me posted regularly on your progress. You should also write me with whatever questions you have.

Do you have a copy of Bhagavad-gita As It Is by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada? This is the most important book for you to read if you want to become spiritually perfect.

I wish you the best of luck in your practice. I am with you every step of the way as you try to purify your consciousness and the consciousness of the world.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?