Become Guru and Deliver the Whole World

Sometimes I am criticized harshly for accepting disciples. My critics say that I have no authority to do so. But such accusers are ignorant of the system by which one becomes authorized to become a spiritual master. The system is that one can become guru when he is ordered to do so by his spiritual master. And that order was indeed given by my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. His Divine Grace commanded me and my Godbrothers, "Become guru and deliver the whole world."

Of course, I do not consider myself worthy of occupying such an exalted spiritual position as guru. But as a disciple I am duty bound to try to successfully carry out to the best of my ability whatever instructions I have received from my spiritual master. By faithfully acting on his order I become empowered to properly execute whatever service he has given me. So in this mood I humbly accept the duty he has given me and my Godbrothers, depending fully on his mercy and the mercy of Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Living in Two Worlds at the Same Time?

While reading "Thought for the Day" for March 3, 2008 a question sprung to my mind. You said that a liberated soul can be in the spiritual world and the material world at the same time. How does this happen? I have been reading somewhere that only Krishna can expand himself to be in more than one place at a time as only He is omnipresent.

Thank You,

Amesh Sooklal

Answer: Only Pure Devotees Can Do So

My Guru Maharaja, Srila Prabhupada, has answered your question in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, 7th Canto, Text 34 as follows:

"From authoritative scripture it is learned that Prahlada Maharaja still lives in Vaikunthaloka as well as within this material world on the planet Sutala. This transcendental quality of existing simultaneously in different places is another qualification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Goloka eva nivasaty akhilatma-bhutah: [Bs. 5.37] the Lord appears in the core of everyone's heart, yet He exists on His own planet, Goloka Vrindavana. A devotee acquires qualities almost the same as those of the Lord because of unalloyed devotional service. Ordinary living beings cannot be so qualified, but a devotee can be qualified like the Supreme Personality of Godhead, not in full but partially."

This is truly amazing information revealed to us by Srila Prabhupada.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?