Sublime Divine

If you want to taste every minute as sublime, all you have to do is connect with the divine. In the authoritative Vedic literatures it is emphatically enjoined that in this materialistic age of Kali there is no more suitable method for connecting with the divine than chanting the holy names of God. Uttering any name of God with love and devotion catapults the sincere chanter into the transcendental dimension far beyond the confines of time and space. And it is especially recommended in the Kali Santarana Upanishad that there is no more suitable means for attaining spiritual realization than chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

So if you want the easiest, quickest way to connect with and stay connected with the sublime divine, simply center your entire life around the regular chanting of the Hare Krishna mahamantra.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Connecting with the Sublime DivineSankarshan Das Connecting with the Sublime Divine

The Prabhupada House, MelbourneThe Prabhupada House, Melbourne

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Submission to a Spiritual Master

Your Grace,

I have been slowly learning more about this wonderful science called Krishna Consciousness. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful work you are doing and continue to do. Your daily messages continue to remind me of our real nature and goal in this life.

My question is: How could an aspiring devotee like myself take shelter as your disciple? I have been chanting the Mahamantra daily, but have yet to reach 16 rounds. Also, I am slowly changing my diet to exclude meat. What must one do to be considered worthy to take you as their spiritual master?

Your humble servant always,

Joshua K.
Japan

Answer: Follow Guru's Instructions

I am indeed happy to hear how much you are feeling benefit from my training program. Of course in this connection I cannot take any credit. All the credit goes to my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who has so kindly enlightened me in this ultimate science, the science of Krishna bhakti. If I have any credit at all, it is that I am simply passing on to others exactly what I have been given by my spiritual master without adding or subtracting anything.

Taking shelter of a spiritual master means to inquire submissively from him how to advance in one's spiritual life and and to faithfully serve him by carrying out his instructions. One who one does these things is the real disciple of the spiritual master.

Now strive diligently to increase your daily japa chanting to at least 16 rounds and strictly abide by the four regulative principles:

1. No illicit sex
2. No intoxication
3. No meat eating
4. No gambling

Once you are fixed in strictly following the above items and are recommended to me by your nearest ISKCON center as being ready for formal initiation, I shall happy to accept you as my duly initiated disciple and take full responsibility for delivering you back to home, back to Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?