Going Through Hell for Krishna

There is no doubt that the life of devotion to Krishna is a never ending exciting adventure. But that does not mean that it does not come without its challenges, just like, for example, my situation. Forty-four years ago when I was a young 16-year-old my ears were badly damaged by repeated exposure to the sound of loud rifle fire from a military training program offered by my high school. Ever since that time I have suffered greatly with constant ringing in both of my ears along with ear aches and deafness whenever I am exposed to loud noise. What makes the situation even more difficult is that now with a 60 year old body I am also suffering from a drastic hearing loss. When I give lectures it is very difficult for me to hear the questions that are being asked of me. The condition of my ears is such than even hearing aids do not bring proper relief.

I understand from the Vedic teachings that I am simply burning off the reactions to bad sinful activities and that if I strictly avoid sinful activities and devote myself fully to Lord Krishna that I will achieve an eternal body, full of knowledge and bliss with perfect ears and perfect everything. But as a traveling preacher I am constantly being exposed to loud noises which threaten to take away even more of my hearing. I could just stop my lecture tours and take care of my health. But there is nothing that gives me greater happiness than traveling all over the world to share this incredible bhakti science with as many people as possible.

So I push on with my preaching tours even at the risk of my health, begging Lord Krishna for His mercy that I can do everything in such a way that He is unlimitedly pleased with me and that as far as possible I can spread Krishna consciousness all over the world. From the standpoint of my health, these preaching tours are often a hell for me, but for the sake of inspiring others to surrender to Krishna I willingly accept this hell.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Multiplication of Souls?

I first read very carefully your e-mails before starting my other official mails to get my day going better. I really enjoy reading your prompt and thought provoking answers to the questions based on Vedic scriptures mostly the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.

May I have your answer for my doubt?

In China, India and some countries we say that population is increasing and various population control methods are implemented by governments. Population increasing means number of souls are also increasing.

My question is: Why are new souls created and how are the souls multiplied?

Definitely there are so many good souls which remain with kingdom of God enjoying unlimited happiness without having any re-birth. My doubt is that population should come down and not to increase.

With warm regards,

T.V. Subbaraman

Answer: Krishna Consciousness Instead of Baby Slaughter

Population increase does not mean that more souls are being created. It means that more souls are coming up from the lower species being blessed with the opportunity of human birth, which if properly utilized gives them the opportunity to escape the cycle of birth and death. The only reason we are feeling burdened by population increase is that 99.99% of the world population is supporting grossly sinful activities such as cow slaughter and baby slaughter. If the entire human population were to become Krishna conscious, the earth planet could easily maintain ten times the present world population with all material comforts and peaceful, happy living. It is only because of sinfulness that the entire world has been plunged into a hellish condition. The foolish government leaders think that by killing unborn children they can solve the world's problems. They do not realize that by doing so, the karma thus generated is currently plunging the earth planet into a more and more precarious situation. Therefore to solve the problems of the world the government leaders should be promoting Krishna consciousness instead of baby slaughter.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?