The Rigors and Rewards of Life on the Road

Life on the road has its austerities. For example, one can get sick and with constant moving with no fixed habitat, it is very difficult to recover. There are so many varieties of unforeseen circumstances that are sometimes difficult to deal with. Such things as travel arrangements, accomodations, meals, internet connections, and laundry can easily become a problem. We simply have to tolerate whatever difficulties that arise without being disturbed.

But the pay off is having enhanced facility for spreading the science of Krishna. Wherever I go I am given honor and respect as a preacher of the science of Krishna consciousness. My lectures are advertised in advance by the local devotees and are well attended sometimes to over-capacity audiences. Out of the many sincere souls who hear me speak, some become so inspired by my humble attempt to serve the mission of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, that they request if they can become my disciples. If they are recommended as qualified by their local ISKCON authorities I will then accept them as my spiritual son or daughter for achieving the supreme perfection of going back to home, back to Godhead. There is no more satisfying feeling than helping a sincere soul achieve the topmost destination.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: How Many Have You Initiated?...

Can I ask you among the many students you write to, how many devotees have been initiated by you? Do you ever feel that there will come a time when you will not be able to write personally because of overwork? Also, can you tell me what is the significance of fire during the initiation ceremony?

Just to let you know, I appreciate your correspondence.

Kind regards,

Your student

Answer: I Do Not Give Cheap Initiation...

I do not give initiation cheaply. To receive initiation one must be highly qualified. Therefore, I have only so far initiated 31 of my students.

I may reach a point of overwork. It does not appear that it is going to happen any time soon.

Lord Vishnu appears in the form of the initiation fire to burn up the sins of the new initiate.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?