Back to Riga, Latvia

Today we hit the preaching trail for Riga, Latvia. It's so amazing how the activity of hearing and chanting about Krishna elevates our consciousness beyond this bleak material existence. I remember how much I was suffering before I was blessed with Krishna consciousness. It was a horrible, intolerable existence. Now by the grace of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, I have uninterrupted access to a reservoir of unlimited bliss and knowledge forever. How much I am indebted to him for saving me from this rotten material existence? I don't think it is possible that I can ever possibly pay him back. But still I must try by dedicating my entire existence to sharing this mercy I have received from him with all of the fallen, suffering souls of this age.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: Can You Detail the Serene Scenery?...

I was wondering if you could go into detail about the things you see while you are on the road. I was reading "Thought for the Day" and found myself wondering what the landscape was like where you are. It would be nice to ponder some of the serene scenery that you describe as a road to meditation. My thoughts and prayers are with you in your travels and please take care.

Laura

Answer: Unsurpassable Internal Scenery...

Thank you very much for your kind, loving sentiments.

I appreciate very much your suggestion how to make our daily thoughts more interesting. You would like for me to describe the scenery along the way. What's happening is that the internal scenery is so much more beautiful than the external scenery that I naturally gravitate towards that which is more beautiful and that is what you end up hearing about in "Thought for the Day."

Just like here in post Soviet-era Estonia the external scenery is rather bleak, but the sweet nectar we are tasting here in the association of the Estonian devotees is unlimited.

Here's a couple of shots taken on 7 October 2006 as we were departing from Sillamae, Estonia on our way to Tallinn:

Sankarshan Das departure from Sillamae, Estonia to Tallinn

Sankarshan Das departure from Sillamae, Estonia to Tallinn

The experiences we get by chanting together with the devotees are more beautiful and magnificent than all of the beautiful scenery in this entire amazing universe magnified to the ten millionth power.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?