Preaching Krishna Consciousness in Russia

19 October 2006--4 am. Srila Prabhupada stated that preaching in the snows of Russia is sweeter than mangos. Having tasted the nectar of preaching Krishna consciousness all over the world, I've always wanted to preach in Russia. Today we are getting the chance. Today we going to Russia.

My host, a Russian citizen, a devotee named Vishvavasu, has warned me about possible difficulties while crossing the border as we are leaving Russia. The border guards are known to apply the rules and regulations inconsistently utilizing their position to harass people and even extort bribes. Out of precaution against harassment we are leaving Sri Sri Radha Damodar behind to be worshipped for several days at our Kaunas temple where they will share the altar with Sri Sri Nitai Gauracandra and be fed very nicely.

I do not know what kind of difficulties I will face leaving Russia with my laptop computer, camera, and MP3 recorder. I am simply taking what I need for preaching and depending on Krishna to protect me from the harassment of non-devotees. If I was to always live comfortably avoiding all difficult situations, I would miss out on so much transcendental excitement and adventure. Srila Prabhupada taught us to be daring and active for spreading this Krishna consciousness all over the world, and I am trying my best to obey him.

Answers According to the Vedic Version

Question: How Will Following Krishna Affect my Life?..

I am a south Indian, who is a Lord Shiva follower. How will following Lord Krishna affect my life?

Kalai

Answer: Marvelously...

It will effect your life marvelously. By worshipping Lord Krishna you will give the greatest pleasure to Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva is a devotee of Krishna. Therefore nothing gives him greater pleasure than to see that you are devotee of Krishna.

In the Srimad Bhagavatam we find the following statement by Lord Siva:

yah param ramhasah saksat
tri-gunaj jiva-samjnitat
bhagavantam vasudevam
prapannah sa priyo hi me

"Any person who is surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, the controller of everything -- material nature as well as the living entity -- is actually very dear to me."
--Srimad Bhagavatam 4.24.28

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?