This Should Be Your Life's Guiding Principle

In Chapter Ten, "Techniques of Hearing and Remembering," of his wonderful book, The Nectar of Devotion, Srila Prabhupada quotes from the Srimad Bhagavatam, Tenth Canto, Chapter 14, Text 8 saying that this statement of expecting the Lord's mercy should be the guiding principle for all devotees:

tat te 'nukampāṁ su-samīkṣamāṇo
bhuñjāna evātma-kṛtaṁ vipākam
hṛd-vāg-vapurbhir vidadhan namas te
jīveta yo mukti-pade sa dāya-bhāk

"My dear Lord, any person who is constantly awaiting Your causeless mercy to be bestowed upon him, and who goes on suffering the resultant actions of his past misdeeds, offering You respectful obeisances from the core of his heart, is surely eligible to become liberated, for it has become his rightful claim."

He elaborates as follows:

"This statement of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam should be the guide of all devotees. A devotee should not expect immediate relief from the reactions of his past misdeeds. No conditioned soul is free from such reactionary experiences, because material existence means continued suffering or enjoying of past activities. If one has finished his material activities then there is no more birth. This is possible only when one begins Kṛṣṇa conscious activities, because such activities do not produce reaction. Therefore, as soon as one becomes perfect in Kṛṣṇa conscious activities, he is not going to take birth again in this material world. A devotee who is not perfectly freed from the resultant actions should therefore continue to act in Kṛṣṇa consciousness seriously, even though there may be so many impediments. When such impediments arise he should simply think of Kṛṣṇa and expect His mercy. That is the only solace. If the devotee passes his days in that spirit, it is certain that he is going to be promoted to the abode of the Lord. By such activities, he earns his claim to enter into the kingdom of God. The exact word used in this verse is dāya-bhāk. Dāya-bhāk refers to a son's becoming the lawful inheritor of the property of the father. In a similar way, a pure devotee who is prepared to undergo all kinds of tribulations in executing Kṛṣṇa conscious duties becomes lawfully qualified to enter into the transcendental abode."

Anyone who fully takes the above instructions of Srila Prabhupada to heart will have a life that is inconceivably sublime. Will that person be you? It can be, if you choose for it to be!

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Krishna Consciousness is Inconceivably Sublime

Krishna Consciousness is Inconceivably Sublime

Krishna Consciousness is Inconceivably Sublime

Krishna Consciousness is Inconceivably Sublime

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Love Krishna Perfectly?

Hare Kṛṣṇa Guru Maharaj ji🙏🏻
Anant koti dandwat Pranam to your lotus feet🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️ 🙇🏻‍♀️...
Please bless me, Guru Maharaji, so that I will never fall down and Krishna will accept me 🙏🏻🙏🏻
It's my humble request to you.

I have two questions:..

1) How can I increase my love for Kṛṣṇa? I know you will say chanting, reading and hearing🙂🙂. But I want to love Krishna more and more so that I never mind any other side. I want to love Him in such a way that there is no possibility of falling down, so that even if I want to forget Him, I can't forget. When will that day come? When all the strong obstacles in the path of devotion and my anarthas will be removed and I get pure love for Kṛṣṇa?

2)I always feel very low in bhakti. I am unable to control my mind. That's why I am so so depressed😔. I think I will fall down, but I don't want to be away from Krishna even for a moment. I chant 16 rounds of Hare Krishna japa mala everyday and do regular hearing and reading📚. I am praying to the great Vaisnavas and feeling relief for some time. But after a while the same situation depression comes again.

Please guide me🥺🥺what should I do now. Please guide me🙏🏻.

Krishna Priangshi

Answer: Chant Before Eating

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Krishna Priangshi,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

The secret to awakening pure love of Krishna is to fully give yourself with love to the bona fide spiritual master, taking his instructions as your very life and soul.

This principle is confirmed by Lord Sri Krishna Himself in the Adi Purana:

ye me bhakta-janāḥ pārtha
na me bhaktāś ca te janāḥ
mad-bhaktānāṁ ca ye bhaktās
te me bhakta-tamā matāḥ

"Those who are My devotees are actually not My devotees, but those who are the devotees of My devotees are factually My devotees."

So, you will find your desired state of mind when you fully give yourself with love to the bona fide spiritual master.

Are you ready to do that?

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this world deliverance mission.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?