My Second Letter From Srila Prabhupada

Srila Prabhupada initiated me in the first letter I received from him from London dated 12 August 1971. An initiation ceremony was then held shortly thereafter. At my initiation ceremony, which was conducted by His Holines Vishnujana Swami at the Hare Krishna center in Austin, Texas, I collected some donations and sent them to Srila Prabhupada with a letter expressing my desire to spread Krishna consciousness. When Srila Prabhupada received my letter he wrote me back in the most encouraging and sublime letter, which went as follows:

London 7 September, 1971

My Dear Sankarshan,

Please accept my blessings.

I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 2nd September, 1971 and have noted the contents. Also I have received the three checks enclosed for $15.00, $12.50 and $10.76 respectively and I thank you very much for the same. Also I have seen the clipping of Visnujana Maharaja speaking with the mayor. It appears that he is doing very nicely there, preaching in Austin. Please offer him my blessings.

I can see also that you are a very sincere and enthusiastic boy and are anxious for spreading this movement. Those are first class qualifications for making advancement in Krishna Consciousness. So continue enthusiastically as you are doing and Krishna will surely bless you. Follow the regulative principles strictly, chant your 16 rounds faithfully, study our literatures, go for street Sankirtana, etc. All these activities will make you fixed up in Krishna's service and eligible for going back to home, back to Godhead. You can tell Bill and Hayden to send me some photographs just as soon as the Deities have been carved.

Hoping this will meet you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
ACBS/adb

P.S. On Friday night we are going to Nairobi.
--end of letter--

Srila Prabhupada very wonderfully encouraged me, "...continue enthusiastically as you are doing and Krishna will surely bless you." This one simple instruction has empowered to engage in devotional service for a half a century and will continue to do so for all of eternity.

The "P.S" is especially sweet and notable because now not only am I Srila Prabhupada's official disciple I am also being accepted as his son because he is giving me the insider's information about his next travel destination.

Srila Prabhupada Signs a Letter

Srila Prabhupada Signs a Letter

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: New Age Died Out?

Why has the New Age largely died out?

Winifer Skattebol

Answer: Not Really a New Age

The so-called New Age has mostly died out because it was not really a new age. The real New Age is going strong. It is the Krishna Consciousness movement, which is engaging in bringing about the fulfillment of a prediction that the entire world is going to become a spiritual paradise.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Krishna Consciousness Movement Is Going to Save the World

Krishna Consciousness Movement Is Going to Save the World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?