Your Owe to Yourself

You owe it to yourself to not cheat yourself by foolishly relegating yourself to an eternal hellish existence of birth and death in the material world, looping the loop through the 8,400,000 species of life again and again and again. Why do I say this? I say this because you are actually an eternal spiritual being qualitatively one with the Supreme Lord, who is the source of all existence. You are not a citizen of this nasty place.

Krishna Invites Us to Come Home

Krishna Invites Us to Come Home

Video For the Day: Sunrise in Your Heart

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Sudras Can Get Initiated?

Respected Sir,

How are you. Thank you for taking time in reading this email

I came to Krishna consciousness a few years back. I have the below questions which I afraid to ask any one

a) Will Krishna accept the service irrespective of the race, religion and sub-caste? By birth I came from a sudra family. Sometimes I feel guilty in doing the service because of my caste.
b) By taking initiation am I putting my spiritual master in trouble because he is taking away all the sins from the me. will this affect him materially and spiritually?
c) As a father of three what is the best way to serve Krishna if I am not getting initiated in this life time? Will I get chance in my next life?

If I want to become a disciple what are the eligibility criteria that I should have? Can I become the disciple with out getting initiated and go back to Godhead?

Pardon me for my ignorance.

Thank you
Raj

Answer: All Are Sudras in this Age

From: Sri Vrindavan Dhama, India

My Dear Raj,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

According to the scriptures in this age of Kali we are all born as sudras, but by this process of Krishna consciousness we are all transformed into Vaisnavas, which is a higher position than being a brahmana.

Just as a doctor runs the risk of getting sick by treating diseased patients, but continues to do so because of his desire to help those who are suffering, in a similar way the bona fide spiritual master, because of his compassion on the suffering souls of this world, is willing to experience difficulties in his compassionate endeavor to rescue the suffering souls of this world from the repetition of birth and death.

You should get initiated. Simply you must agree to chant at least sixteen rounds daily of the Hare Krishna mahamantra along with the strict avoidance of illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. Initiation is required for going back to Godhead. It means that you are solidly committed to serving Krishna 24 hours a day under the expert guidance of the bona fide spiritual master. Krishna orders that unless you are the devotee of His devotee you are not His devotee. Therefore to be devoted to Krishna, you must surrender to the bona fide spiritual master.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?