Change of Career Plans

Back in the 60's due to frustration with the material way of life instead of choosing a normal career in the material society I decided to become holy beggar in India. However one evening when I was in process of getting ready to go to the holy land I had a profound realization. At the time I was on the philosophical pathway of denying or cutting out all material attachments. I so impressed with what I realized that I wrote it down:

I denied and I denied until I could deny no longer, and then I had to start accepting.

In other words if you deny everything you have to ultimately also deny denial. At this point one must find something transcendental beyond this material existence to accept. So at this point into of resolving the leave or renounce the world I resolved to stay within the material society to save the world. So instead of going to India I felt I was being called to San Francisco to be part of a spiritual revolution. So I went to San Francisco where the first persons I met were the Hare Krishna devotees. It took some time but gradually I realized that these were to people with whom I was to to join for bringing about a spiritual revolution of Planet Earth. That's why I am here where I am today.

Holy Beggar in Vrindavan, India

Holy Beggar in Vrindavan, India

Video For the Day: From Vamsi Vata

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Medical Doctor's Preaching?

Hare Krishna Gurudeva!
Please accept my pranams!

Gurudeva, I am studying medicine 1st year. How can I engage in glorifying the Lord, in my profession?

We were presented with a scenario today, wherein, we were told that a patient (female) who happens to be a model/ dancer, has been diagnosed with something that needs a surgical treatment. But she refuses the treatment, because she doesn't want her body to have any marks/ scars.
How am I to take decisions in these situations involving other souls? Can I help her in any way?

I try to ask how it effects my spiritual practice, but I don't find any answers.

Kindly help me.

Thanking you for Your time,
Seeking service unto You.
Bhargavi

Answer: Enlighten Patients With Higher Knowledge

From: Sri Vrindavana Dhama, India

My Dear Bhargavi,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You can enlighten your patients that they are not their material bodies, that their actual identity is the eternal spirit-soul who dwells within the body. You can also explain to them that when the spirit-soul within is brought back to its original, natural healthy state of loving service to Krishna or God, one’s mind one’s body will naturally become more healthy.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?