Relishing the Bliss in New Dvaraka

The atmosphere here in New Dvaraka (ISKCON Los Angeles) is phenomenal. This place is so surcharged with bhakti that as soon as you enter here you feel that you are already in the spiritual world. This is not surprising because it was here that Srila Prabhupada first established his world headquarters and where he spent a lot of his time. It is also here that I had my first personal interaction with my most beloved spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, when he wanted to make sure that he had given me a flower. That makes this place even sweeter for me.

"Srila Prabhupada, you have given me the flower of your loving mercy, which is greatest of all boons."

Srila Prabhupada on Venice Beach--Los Angeles 1975

Srila Prabhupada on Venice Beach--Los Angeles 1975

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Get Free from Lusty Desires?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am finding it very difficult to practice a life of celibacy. I stopped eating meat, onion, garlic, drinking alcohol, tea and coffee, stopped smoking from between last three to five years. But I am not able to overcome my lusty desires and desires to enjoy materially. My determination is very weak. It lasts for only few hours to few days. I am frustrated with it. My mood keeps changing. How can I overcome from this problem? I want to progress in Krishna consciousness. Please help me, Srila Gurudeva.

Your unworthy servant,
S.K.

Answer: Relish the Pleasure of Krishna's Name

Although there is no greater pleasure than sex pleasure in this world, it is not all difficult to give it up if you will go instead for that pleasure that is out of this world. That is the pleasure of directly connecting yourself with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna. Such connecting with Him is not at all difficult. All you have to do is call out to Him with love:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे ||
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे||

When you do so you will experience a pleasure zillions of times greater than sex and will thus be easily able to give up the insignificant tenth class pleasure of sex.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?