Sweet Memories in Denver

Our trip this last weekend to Denver into order to attend the Vail, Colorado bhakti yoga retreat way up in the Rocky Mountains was a grand opportunity for me to remember that most special time in my life, the fall of 1968, when my dear friend, Patrick Dolan, introduced me to the Hare Krishna mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Once I was introduced to this mantra my life took an amazing series of turns which eventually brought to the lotus feet of my eternal spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. While in Denver I took advantage of visiting that place at 1271 Lafayette Street where I was blessed by Krishna with His association in order to remember how fortunate I was indeed to receive the Hare Krishna mantra.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Group Photo from Vail Bhakti Yoga Retreat
Vail, Colorado--13 July 2014
Sankarshan Das Group Photo from Vail Bhakti Yoga Retreat

1271 Lafayette Street--Denver, Colorado1271 Lafayette Street

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Be Consistently Krishna Conscious?

Srila Gurudeva, how can I keep my mind on Krishna consistently? There are days when nothing will bother me from thinking of Krishna, and other days it becomes very tough for me to focus, and I easily get distracted.

Sanjib P.

Answer: Try to Love Krishna

Try to develop your feelings of love for Krishna. In this way your mind will be fixed constantly on Him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?