The Recipe for Ultimate Success

The key to reviving your lost loving relationship with Krishna or God is simply to follow the instructions that He gives in the Bhagavad-gita. Just as to bake some banana bread you must carefully follow the recipe given in the cookbook in order to get proper banana bread, in a similar way if you will simply do exactly what Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita, you will experience the most amazing transformation of entering in the spiritual world within your heart even while you externally act dutifully and successfully in the material world.

Teaching the Recipe for Ultimate Success
Melbourne, Australia-1 January 2012

Sankarshan Das Teaches the Recipe for Ultimate Success,Australia

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Think of Krishna Always?

Dear Sri Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances at your lotus feet.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

My question is about my mind. I find it very difficult to control it.

When I sing kirtan at the temple with other devotees or see Krishna photos I literally start crying and unable to control. I think to myself as to why I am not becoming a 100% devotee of Krishna (thinking about Him always). But in the next hour when I come back home from the temple I start thinking about my mundane activities.

Please guide me in controlling my mind and thinking about Krishna always.

Your student

Answer: For Now Focus on Attaining the Nistha Stage

It is natural for a neophyte devotee to have a wavering mind that is sometimes absorbed in Krishna consciousness and sometimes in mundane nonsense. What you need to focus on for now is how to come to the nistha stage of bhakti in which your meditation on Krishna is hardly interrupted. To get to the nistha stage you need to chant 16 rounds daily of the Hare Krishna mantra and strictly avoid illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. Then you need to take initiation from the bona fide spiritual master and under his guidance become free from all material contamination. In this way you will come to stage of firm faith or nistha in which your mind is free from the from the influence of the modes of passion and ignorance and is almost always fixed nicely in Krishna consciousness. Of course from that point there are even higher stages. But the attainment of nistha is what you need do focus on for now.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?