A Good Coffin with Good Flowers is not Good Enough

When I was a young man in college, even though I excelled academically, I was thinking, "What is the use of working so hard to make good grades, to get a good degree, to get a good job, to get a good wife, to get a good house, and some good kids to simply at the end get a good coffin buried six feet under to have some good flowers put of my grave every year until my friends and family forget about me?" I just couldn't believe that life could be so bleak. So I set out in my heart on a quest to discover the true meaning and purpose of my existence. After many long, hard years of struggle that quest finally bore fruit when I found my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. He saved from this material repetition of birth and death and led me into the spiritual world, where life is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss.

Distributing Krishna Prasadam Sweetballs
Melbourne, Australia-31 December 2011

Sankarshan Das Distributing Krishna Prasadam, Melbourne, Aus

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Time for Family, But No Time for Krishna

How do I adjust the time to chant? My work is late till 11:30pm, and in the morning I go to work at 9:00am. I do not get sufficient time, as I have to give time to my family and children. I get frustrated very soon. My work load is also more. I like to listen to the satsang, but cannot get time to go to the satsang. Please give me the solution for my problems.

Give us blessings,

Thanking you,

Bharat

Answer: Krishna is Family. Don't Neglect Him.

I understand that you have to make time for your family. So why are you neglecting your father, Krishna? You must give part of your family time to Him. To do that you must go to bed a little earlier so that you can get up earlier in the morning and chant the Hare Krishna mantra on your japa beads before you take your breakfast. If you make this small step towards Krishna, He will take ten steps towards you, and your spiritual life will take root and expand eventually to the perfectional stage.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?