Spiritual Bliss in Paranoid Material Atmosphere

On Monday, 19 December 2011 in Pretoria we did a program at the home of Sundarananda Das and his wife Subhadra Devi Dasi. In South Africa, due to a tremendous upsurge in crime after the demise of apartheid, upscale residential neighborhoods are fortified like military bases. We could not just drive into the neighborhood. First we had to stop at the security gate manned by several guards. Our host was telephoned to make sure that were legitimate visitors. Then after registering we were issued a temporary security pass that enabled us to pass through two separate security gates. Finally after feeling like we had just crossed the Berlin Wall, we arrived at the program site.

As soon as we entered we could feel the difference in the atmosphere. The heavy, high-security, paranoid, material atmosphere was immediately gone and was replaced with the bliss of the spiritual world. Some devotees were singing Hare Krishna kirtan as we entered. I immediately went before their beautiful altar and offered my respectful obeisances to their deities. Then I did my normal program of leading kirtan and speaking on the Bhagavad-gita. I chose Bhagavad-gita 6.30 as the topic of my lecture:

yo māṁ paśyati sarvatra
sarvaṁ ca mayi paśyati
tasyāhaṁ na praṇaśyāmi
sa ca me na praṇaśyati

"For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me."

It is truly wonderful how we can always connect with Krishna and feel transcendental bliss within our hearts no matter where we may in this material world.

Ecstatic Home Program Pretoria, South Africa--19 December 2011

Sankarshan Das Ecstatic Home Program Pretoria, South Africa

Sankarshan Das Ecstatic Home Program Pretoria, South Africa

Sankarshan Das Ecstatic Home Program Pretoria, South Africa

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Be Liberated from Confusion?
Dear Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I am deluded and confused. How can I become liberated from this condition?

Your humble servant,
S.N.

Answer: Take Training from Krishna and Guru

The Bhagavad-gita teaches us how to become free from confusion in Chapter 2:

kārpaṇya-doṣopahata-svabhāvaḥ
pṛcchāmi tvāṁ dharma-sammūḍha-cetāḥ
yac chreyaḥ syān niścitaṁ brūhi tan me
śiṣyas te 'haṁ śādhi māṁ tvāṁ prapannam

"Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me."--Bhagavad-gita 2.7

So if you will submit yourself to be trained by Krishna and His representative, the bona fide spiritual master, you will become free from your confusion, just as Arjuna was freed from his confusion.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?