Freedom from the Shackles of Illusion

We cannot sit idly by and allow the human population to be so grossly misguided. We have to speak up and speak out against the Godless gross ignorance and extreme selfishness that are becoming more and more predominant in the human society. We should no longer allow the misguided fools and rascals to pressure us to joining them in a life of sense gratifcation. Of course, since misery enjoys company, they are always going to pressure us to join them in shackles of illusion. But fools rush in where angels fear to tread. We are not doing them or ourselves any favors by remaining shackled along with them. The best thing we can do for the suffering humanity is to first ourselves become liberated from serving our senses by complete absorption in serving the Supreme Personality of Godhead and then to fully dedicate our lives for delivering them from the shackles of illusion.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: No Spiritual Master

Hare Krishna,

Please accept my pranams. I am now in the first stage of taking serious actions towards Krishna consciousness. Though I have been praying almost 20 years, I don't think I am entirely Krishna conscious.

Dear Guru, I am struggling with the fact that I haven't met a spiritual master who can guide me. So Krishna guides me. What advice do you have for me to improve my devotion?

Kirtie

Answer: Follow this Process

My Dear Kirtie,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Don't worry. I can now guide you how to attain spiritual perfection and thus become delivered from the cycle of birth and death.

You have rightly understood your need for a spiritual master. And it is also nice that you are taking the guidance of Sri Krishna. If we accept Krishna as our guide, we must then follow the instruction He gives us in the Bhagavad-gita to approach a spiritual master, hear and inquire from him, and serve him.

My best advice to you is that you must carefully the Bhagavad-gita As It Is by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, and that you should regularly chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Once you have established studying and chanting as a regular daily routine, you may inquire from me further.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?