Life on the Road for Krishna

Life on the road for Krishna is a never-ending exciting challenge. You never know what is going to happen next, and you thus have to always take shelter of Krishna at every minute. Even though one encounters sometimes very difficult and traumatic circumstances, it is this taking shelter of Krishna that always makes it very sweet and wonderful. The happiness experienced by a traveling preacher is not that of the mundane tourist, who wants to see all the famous sites of the world. For example, I have never seen the Taj Mahal, although I went very near to it one time for giving a lecture on the Bhagavad-gita. The happiness is accepting Krishna as one's only shelter in all varieties of pleasant and unpleasant situations, and especially it is the happiness of being able to share this supreme nectar of Krishna consciousness with so many sincere souls who are very eager for it all over the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Taking Advantage of a Delayed Flight
to Write "Thought for the Day"
at the Miami, Florida, USA Airport
Sankarshan Das Taking Advantage of a Delayed Flight to Write

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Suffering from Sexual Desires

I am suffering from a serious problem from which you can drag me out and help me.

My age is 17 years. I am chanting everyday, but almost everyday I suffer from sexual desires. I don't know how to come out of it. Please help me. Due to this I am so much disturbed and am in the mood of doing a mistake. I am not able to control my senses. Please guide me. My Krishna consciousness will be lost if I continue this, but I am not able to control it. I am asking for your answer and guidance.

Please help me.

Your student

Answer: Billions of Times Better than Sex

Sex desire is quite normal for a 17 year old body. Even a 70 year old can also feel lusty. You've got to philosophically detach yourself from your body. Instead of thinking "I am lusty" you should think instead, "My body is feeling lusty." In this way, you should remain equipoised and detached, fully taking shelter of Lord Sri Krishna and be like the ocean which always remains still even though so many billions of gallons of water are flowing into it at every minute.

The pleasure of Krishna's shelter is billions of times more enlivening than even the juiciest sexual intercourse experience. Therefore a devotee can say goodbye to sex with no regrets understanding full well that he has gotten something billions of times better.

Of course, sex can be utilized if one is trying to produce Krishna conscious children. That is spiritual sex. But other than this, sex life is completely shunned by those who are serious about spiritual emancipation, because they do not want their consciousness dragged back down to the bodily platform, which will keep them entangled in the miserable cycle of repeated birth and death. By freeing up their consciousness from sex attraction and absorbing it in Krishna attraction, they can revive their original dormant enlightened spiritual form and identity in the eternal pastimes of the Supreme Lord in His eternal abode in the spiritual sky.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?