Importance of Submissive Hearing

Amazingly enough the other day when I described in "Thought for the Day" that our religion is to develop pure love for the Supreme Person, one of our subscribers dropped out of course complaining that my statement was Mayavadi philosophy. Mayavadi philosophy states the Supreme is not a person, that the Supreme is instead the impersonal, formless oneness. This is the just the opposite of what I stated. So it is truly uncanny that our subscriber would take my statement of the personal nature of the Supreme to be a statement that the Supreme is impersonal. In our e-course, we have always repeatedly reaffirmed from many different angles of vision that the Supreme is a person. We have given His name (Sri Krishna) , His address (Goloka Vrindavan), and we teach the means by which one can re-establish one's lost loving relationship with Him as His eternal associate. We are so obviously and consistently presenting a personal conception of the Supreme that it is truly amazing that one of our readers would take our statement as an expression of Mayavadi impersonalism. Although we certainly wish him well, we sadly note that such foolishness on his part is symptomatic of this confused age, the age of Kali. People hear one thing and construe something else. This is called interpretation. One should learn to hear submissively so that one can ascertain exactly what is being said, instead of filtering what one is hearing or reading through one's prejudices and thus taking what is being clearly being stated to be something quite different altogether.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Become Free from Bad Memories?

All Glories to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada!
All Glories to the Holy Name of the Lord!
All Glories to the Guru Parampara and all Vaishnavas!
All Glories to your merciful Lotus feet!

My Beloved Master,

I am very very glad to see your reply. I was waiting for last three days like anything, and after seeing your reply only I got my life back. Thank you very much. By your Grace I have started to chant 16 rounds.

Dear Master, many times I get disturbed or depressed by my past which makes me frustrated. What shall I do in those times? To fully eradicate my past memories what shall I do, Gurudeva? Please instruct me.

Waiting for your kind instructions.

Always longing to serve your Lotus feet,

Sathya Sadhana

Answer: Fill Your Consciousness with Good Memories

All you have to do is fully absorb yourself in the most wonderful Krishna consciousness present. In this way you will be creating a new stock of memories that are chock full of exciting transcendental bliss. Gradually, in this way, your memories of the past will become more and more transcendental squeezing out the bad stuff which will naturally become less and less significant until it becomes negligible.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?