Back to Austin

After fourteen weeks and fourteen different countries on our around-the-world lecture tour, we are today heading back to Bhaktivedanta Ashram, our home base in Austin, Texas to prepare for our next around-the-world lecture tour, which begins on 15 September of this year. It has been a truly wonderful opportunity to spread the rays of Lord Caitanya's benediction moon all over the world. We have been blessed with so many wonderful Krishna conscious experiences that it is hard to remember them all. The great benefit of sacrificing everything for spreading Krishna glories all over the world is that this makes it easy to remember Krishna. And remembering Krishna is the ultimate perfection of existence. We especially want to thank all those of you who helped in so many ways to make this preaching tour a wonderful success.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Why Do I Feel Close to You?

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I quickly glance your mails and read the Vedic version of answers to the questions you receive, Maharaja. I am very happy to read even though I don't get much of time to read leisurely. I feel like I see you in front of me and feel like very closely associated.

Could you please explain me why I feel like this?

I don't chant everyday, but I always tell Krishna whenever I feel, maybe minimum 20 times. I hum songs of Krishna. Will it help me any way to advance?

I request your blessings to advance in Krishna consciousness.

Thank You Maharaja

Rajesh

Answer: Vibrational Presence

You feel that the spiritual master is close to you because even more powerful than his physical presence is his vibrational presence, which manifests in the form of his teachings. This is all by the divine potency of Lord Sri Krishna to facilitate His devotees on their pathway back to home, back to Godhead.

Any kind of remembrance of Krishna is wonderful and will help you advance. But it is stated in the revealed scriptures that we should follow carefully the pathway blazed through the wilderness of this material world by the great acharyas. This means that if you take the standard system given by the great spiritual masters of the past, you will quickly advance. Just like if one wants to travel from New York to Los Angeles, he can get there by walking, or he can get there by airplane. So if he wants to quickly reach Los Angeles, he will fly. Similarly, if we accept the authorized Hare Krishna mantra as prescribed by the great acharyas, we will quickly and easily attain the ultimate goal of spiritual perfection. Other methods are compared to walking to Los Angeles. They will also take us there, but only gradually, slowly, slowly after many, many lifetimes in the cycle of repeated birth, death, old age, and disease.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?