Back to the USA

Today after over three months on the road spreading the rays of the Krishna consciousness moon in 14 different countries around the globe, we are heading back for the USA. In spite of its numerous disqualifications, the USA has one saving grace: Of all the nations in the world, it is that one nation which more than any other nation facilitated Srila Prabhupada in getting his movement started. For many years Srila Prabhupada attempted to launch the Krishna consciousness movement in India, but to no avail. He tried to all to go for preaching to Japan, but was not able do so. It was not until he landed in America in 1965, and after struggling to preach there for one year with no facility, that he was able to establish in 1966 the International Society for Krishna consciousness, which has now spread to over 300 centers all over the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada
Launches the Hare Krishna Movement
In Tompkins Square Park, New York 1966
Srila Prabhupada Launches the Hare Krishna Movement

Srila Prabhupada Launches the Hare Krishna Movement

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Which is My Religion?

My question is: Often people ask me what is my religion. My answer would be "Hindu" because I was born a Hindu. But I feel it's not right to say this because I am a devotee, and when I say, "I am Hindu" to people they have a different view. But if I say, "Vaishnava" is this correct?
Please guide me

If people ask me, "Which religion are you?", what should be my answer? "I am a .............."

Your servant,

Ashvin

Answer: There is No Question of Which Religion

You can tell them that there is no such thing as this religion and that religion because religion is one, to become a pure devotee of the Supreme Person. So you can tell them that your religion is to become a pure devotee of the Supreme Person, the original pure form of religion before man polluted it by dividing it into this religion and that religion.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?