Come Out of the Cocoon

At the present moment our situation in this material existence is more or less of a dream state. Each of us has forgotten our factual eternal identity as the eternal all-blissful, all-knowing servant of Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. We are dreaming that we are these bodies, thinking, "I am male; I am female; I am white; I am black" etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have nothing to do with these gross and subtle material bodies. They are simply coverings or garments that are covering our actual spiritual nature. It's time we wake up from our dream and come out of the cocoon of this material world in which we are suffering lifetime and lifetime in repeated births and deaths. Why suffer when you can enjoy unlimited bliss?

Does this make sense to you? I hope it does, because if it does, you are ready to become liberated once and for all from all forms of material suffering.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Difficulty: I Cannot Find Krishna

I have been chanting 16 rounds as advised by you. Here are my observations and deductions. Please shed some light on this.

Before I began chanting 16 rounds, I had a strong emotive connection with Krishna, in silence I felt his presence through body and mind. Chanting has mechanized this connection and I can't find Him anymore. It is now about obeying you and getting in 16 rounds - a goal, a target another 'clockwork' and rat-race in the AM.

Maybe this is why one of the 10 commandments say "Thou shall not take the name of thy Lord thy God in vain", - it commoditizes my beloved and sacred Lord. I would rather have my own conversations with Him and be in that state of ecstasy.

Though I must say chanting is a form on mental drill and has some type of psychological benefit - a centering, an internal weapon and inner strength.

...Please shed some light on my understanding and correct my thinking

With humility and deep respects
Your student

Answer: Go Deeper into the Chanting

There is a higher presence of Krishna that you have not yet experienced. Even though in the beginning chanting 16 rounds of japa seems mechanical and forced, if you will continue chanting on the order of the spiritual master, you will gradually be amazed to experience Krishna on a much higher level of connection far beyond what you have ever tasted in the past or could even conceive to be possible in your wildest imagination.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?