When Will We Have Heaven on Earth?

Early in 1971 I was living in Austin, Texas hankering to become a self-realized soul. Understanding that Jesus Christ was a self-realized soul, I embarked upon a program of daily Bible study to try to figure out what was it that made him self-realized, so that I could do the same thing and also become self-realized. Day after day I would read the Bible, but still I could not see what was the formula for self-realization. But one most glorious morning the essence of the mood of Jesus, which made him the self-realized soul that he is, was revealed to me. That morning I read in the Bible where Jesus states, "Father, not my will, but Thy will be done." I was so excited. I knew that this was it. You should forget about doing what you want and simply always from now on do only what God wants.

But now I had a problem. I did not know what God wanted me to do. I was waiting for a voice from the sky to give me my assignment and my instructions, but no voice was coming. So what to do? I was bewildered. But one day it was revealed to me through the mouth of a child although I could not hear God, still He was able to hear me. So I began praying regularly, "Dear God, please guide me how I can become your perfect servant."

Finally one day my prayer was answered. And it was clear that it was the answer. His Holiness Vishnujana Swami came to Austin and taught me the science of bhakti, the science of how to become a perfect servant of God. Under his wonderful guidance and with his divine blessings I became a disciple of the greatest devotee of Krishna who has ever graced the planet earth with the touch of his lotus feet. I am speaking of none other than my eternal spiritual father and spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

So I am ever grateful to Lord Jesus Christ. It was my fervent prayers inspired by him begging for God's guidance which opened the door for me to leave behind the hellish quagmire of this material existence. It was Jesus who showed me the way out of the world of death. He saved me.

So when the so-called Christians tell me that I will go to hell unless I accept Jesus, within my heart I laugh because I know that I am doing exactly what Jesus wants me to do. And I wonder when they are going to become real Christians by doing what Jesus wants them do by giving up their sinful activities.

The time has indeed come for the Christians to really accept Jesus instead of constantly crucifying him by their unrestricted indulgence in sinful activities. Christ reaffirmed the Biblical principle "Thou shalt not kill" but the Christians are killing thousands and millions of innocent animals every day in their slaughterhouses all over the world. "As you sow, so shall you reap." As long as we continue killing, we will continue being killed. And while proudly refusing to hear from the bona fide spiritual master we continue wondering why everything is going amuck in the world.

If we will truly accept Jesus by always acting for the pleasure of God by always acting for the welfare of all of His creatures, we will have heaven on earth. When will that day come?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Are You Self-Realized?

Do you have self-realization, and who is your guru?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely, Dr. López-Bonilla,
Mexico City, Mexico

Answer: You Can Become Also

By the causeless mercy of my beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, I have realized what is the individual self and what is the Supreme Self. And if you like I can guide you how to also become a self-realized soul.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?