Ultimate Elixir

As we were leaving Vrindavan for Delhi I could feel that a new virus was coming on. By the time we got to Mumbai its symptoms became fully manifested. It was an especially hideous virus. When I woke up on Sunday morning there was a large quantity of encrusted mucus stuck to my eyelids and my eyes were blood red. That day I had to travel at a considerable distance within Mumbai for giving lectures at Mira Road and Navi Mumbai. However, giving those lectures and reciprocating with the wonderful devotees took me completely away from the diseased state my body was in. It was sweet, sweet nectar. But then at end of the day after the exhaustion of packing and so much traveling with a sick body, we had to go the airport for a late night flight to Malaysia. So much time had to be spent standing at the airport waiting for this and waiting for that.

After the overnight flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as we were landing my ears could not clear the pressure due to heavy mucus blockage. Therefore even as I write these words my hearing is almost completely turned off. So here I am with red puffy eyes, a tired sick body, with mucus blockage giving me earaches and deafness. But in spite of all of this I am simply amazed at how wonderful is Krishna consciousness. There is a very sweet special kind of elixir that one can taste while doing the austerity of fully absorbing one's entire life in the respiritualization of the entire human society. This elixir is more valuable than all the opulence of the entire material world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: No Questions

My Siksha Guru,

There are no questions. Just thanks.

Karl.

Answer: One Question We Must Ask

Even if we have no questions to ask of the spiritual master, there is one question that we must ask him, "How can I serve you?" This was the only question my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, ever asked of his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati.

Thanking verbally is very nice. But the perfection of thanks is to dedicate ourselves to serving the spiritual master by assisting him in his mission of inundating the entire world with a tidal wave of Krishna bhakti.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?