On the Radio

On 17 December 2007 I appeared on the Plains FM radio station 96.9 here in Christchurch, New Zealand. I was interviewed about my around-the-world lecture tour and the purpose of human existence. It was a great opportunity to reach out to a large audience with the liberating message of Krishna consciousness. The wide scale propagation of this Krishna consciousness message is the only solution for the problems of the suffering humanity.

It was a taped show, and will be aired on 23 December at 10:30am New Zealand time. It will also be available for download after it is broadcast. The website of the radio station is:
http://www.plainsfm.org.nz/Home

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

On the Radio in Christchurch, New Zealand

Sankarshan Das On the Radio in Christchurch, New Zealand

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Kindly Help

Why do I always feel depressed? I do read your thoughts everyday and to some extent I get some strength but only for a temporary phase. I have lost my appetite and feel my life is not worth anything. I feel weak and sleepy always. I try to wake up at 5.00 in the morning but always end up waking up late. I am 33 and not married and this makes me feel more depressed. I do Krishna seva (devotional service to Lord Krishna) every day, but still my mind is not at peace. How can I live a worthy life and get out of this materialistic world?

Kindly help,

Your student

Answer: Formula for Happiness

Although it is very nice that you are doing Krishna seva, that you are still not satisfied indicates that you not practicing Krishna consciousness in a completely pure way. In other words, there must still be some tinges of self-centeredness in your service. What you have to do is completely put yourself in the shelter of Krishna accepting whatever situation he gives you as His mercy. Instead of thinking of your own happiness always think of how you can make Lord Krishna happy by your mood, your words, and your service. If you will fully adopt this attitude, you will become completely satisfied and happy. It is only when we put ourselves in the mood of unflinchingly loyal servants that we can truly be happy.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?