Kirtan Nectar

If you want to really get tuned in and get your soul fully turned on you have to get into kirtan. (Kirtan is group chanting of Vedic mantras.) Silent meditation, although much better than absorption in material sense gratification, will not take you to the ultimate perfectional stage. No matter how much you try to quiet your mind down it keeps whispering to you this thought, that thought, so many thoughts. It is only when your mind has something completely transcendental to grab onto, which is more powerful and more attractive than your material thoughts, that you can truly lift off from the material plane and enter fully into the spiritual stratum.

Here's a video of a recent kirtan I led in Sydney. Check it out: http://www.backtohome.com/video/Sydney_Kirtan.wmv

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Leading Kirtan in Sydney

Sankarshan Das Leading Kirtan in Sydney

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Who Can I Trust?

Your Grace,

I am very confused and unhappy after reading stories in the ISKCON homepage about the confusions following His Grace's departure from this mundane existence. On one hand, I am content to increase my devotional activities on my own, but on the other, the scriptures tell us that we must accept Guru to fully understand the scriptures and we must associate with devotees to advance in the science of self-realization. Who can I trust in the Hare Krishna movement? Who are genuinely following the traditions of Bhakti devotion?

I really need your help.

Hare Krishna

Your student

Answer: Whoever is Honestly Delivering the Message of Srila Prabhupada

I understand your confusion. When a great acharya departs there is naturally going to be some difficulties in the movement he created. This is true of every great spiritual movement in the history of the world. However, in the case of ISKCON the good news is that are tens of thousands of sincere souls all over the world who are sincerely trying to carry on Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON mission to the best of their ability.

I am constantly traveling to various ISKCON centers around the world. I am witnessing first hand the difficulties and the wonderful successes of the movement. On the whole I am quite optimistic about the future of this movement. Srila Prabhupada is still here with us in the form of his instructions and within the hearts of those who are sincerely trying to follow his instructions.

As far as I am concerned if you are looking for someone you can trust and take shelter of, you are welcome to take shelter of me. I promise that I will not cheat you or exploit you in any way. I will simply purely pass on to you the knowledge, the bliss and the loving compassion that I have received from Srila Prabhupada. I do not consider myself to be great. I simply see myself as the DHL man who is honestly delivering to you the wonderful teachings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada exactly as I have heard them, understood them, and realized them.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?