Seize this Opportunity

Why settle for an asinine, mediocre existence when you can become one of the great pivotal persons in the history of this planet? We are standing now at one of the greatest crossroads of all times. Mankind can continue degenerating more and more. Or there can be a dynamic revival of the original pure qualities of man.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, please consider this.

The finer sentiments of human consciousness have been gradually devolving more and more over the last 5,000 years to the point where we see people torturing small children by dousing them with gasoline and then setting them on fire. We now regularly hear reports of ever-increasingly grotesque human cruelty. It is a cancer that is spreading more and more throughout the human society.

So what we need now more than ever is a revolution of consciousness. If you are sick and tired of the substandard mentality which is becoming more and more the norm throughout the world, the time has come for you to do something about it. Seize this opportunity now to awaken your Krishna consciousness and then share your realizations with everyone you meet in a manner suitable for their level of understanding. In this way, together we can make a huge difference. Together we revolutionize this planet and bring in a sublime new era of enlightened consciousness, Krishna consciousness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Get 100% Rid of Maya?

I have been reading your thought for the day since the past 2 years. Every "Thought for the Day" is so enlightening. Thank you for showing such mercy on fallen souls and for your selfless service.

I cannot pass any day without having thought about the Supreme Personality of Godhead "Lord Krishna". All credit goes to you to have initiated this process in me and for helping me to switch on my Krishna Consciousness.

I have a problem: on the one hand I am so much attracted to Krishna Consciousness but I easily get carried away by material desires. This shows that I am still not very firmly fixed in Krishna Consciousness. After having fulfilled my material desire I think that why did I get deviated so easily. I don't want to get carried away by Maya. Is it really possible to get rid of Maya 100%? How much time did it take you to come out of the clutches of Maya?

I have another question in regard to the answer you gave to a question on 28th July 2007. You wrote, "By perfecting the science of bhakti within any tradition one will achieve the perfection of that tradition by becoming a perfect Muslim, a perfect Krishnite, or a perfect Christian, etc."

How can a Muslim be a perfect Muslim? As the complete details of who? where? how? God is given only in the Vedas. Majority of the Muslims/Christians eat meat, so how can they be perfect in their devotional service when the scriptures they follow instruct them to eat meat (even cow). I do not have anything against any religion, most of my good friends since my childhood are Muslims ( I am materially a Hindu). But this question has been pondering in my mind for sometime.

Please could you kindly enlighten me and show me the right way.

Always your Humble student,

Deepa

Answer: Dedication to the Spiritual Master

I am happy that you are finding benefit in our authoritative presentation of the Vedic wisdom and that you are now requesting me to enlighten you and show you the right way.

The turning point for becoming a steady devotee is when the disciple realizes how much the spiritual master loves him or her and thus becomes inspired to dedicate his is or her entire life in loving service to the spiritual master. This was the turning point in my spiritual life, and it will be the turning point in your spiritual life also, when that day comes.

A Muslim or Christian will not become perfect in their religion until they realize that the animals are also, along with the human beings, the beloved children of God and should therefore not be murdered and eaten. Although the Bible, the Koran, and the Vedas all give prescriptions for animal killing under restriction, these instructions are for those who are materially engrossed to minimize their sinful activities so that they can gradually give them up. Those who have understood the essence of all scriptural wisdom give up material sense enjoyment and focus 100% on developing pure love of God. Such persons do not partake of the flesh of animals.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?