We Must Hanker for Pure Devotional Service

Instead of hankering to enjoy wealth, women, and followers we should hanker for the awakening of pure love of Krishna within our hearts. This hankering has been very perfectly described by the great Vaisnava acharya Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur in his most wonderful song "Kabe Habe Bolo Se Din Amar" as follows:

kabe ha'be bolo se-dina āmār
(āmār) aparādha ghuci', śuddha nāme ruci,
kṛpā-bale ha'be hṛdoye sañcār

When, oh when will that day be mine? When my offenses ceasing, taste for the name increasing, when in my heart will Your mercy shine?

tṛṇādhika hīna, kabe nije māni',
sahiṣṇutā-guṇa hṛdoyete āni'
sakale mānada, āpani amānī,
ho'ye āswādibo nāma-rasa-sār

Lower than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, when will my mind attain this quality? Respectful to all, not expecting their honor, then shall I taste the name's nectar sublime.

dhana jana āra, kobitā-sundarī,
bolibo nā cāhi deho-sukha-karī
janme-janme dāo, ohe gaurahari!
ahaitukī bhakti caraṇe tomār

Great wealth or followers, feminine beauty, I won't care for them or the comforts of my body. Birth after birth give me, O Lord Chaitanya, causeless devotion to Your feet divine.

(kabe) korite śrī-kṛṣṇa-nāma uccāraṇa,
pulakita deho gadgada bacana
baibarṇya-bepathu ha'be saṅghaṭana,
nirantara netre ba'be aśru-dhār

When will I utter Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, with words choked up and shivering body? When will I be trembling all over, lose bodily color, tears pouring from my eyes?

kabe navadwīpe, suradhunī-taṭe,
gaura-nityānanda boli' niṣkapaṭe
nāciyā gāiyā, berāibo chuṭe,
bātulera prāya chāriyā bicār

When in Navadvipa along the Ganges bank, shouting "Gaura-Nityananda!" as a surrendered soul, dancing, chanting, running everywhere, when will I become half mad of mind?

kabe nityānanda, more kori 'doyā,
chārāibe mora viṣayera māyā
diyā more nija-caraṇera chāyā,
nāmera hāṭete dibe adhikār

When will Lord Nityananda show mercy upon me, and when will I reject the world of maya? Bestow unto me the shade of Your lotus feet, and let the right to preach the name be mine

kinibo, luṭibo, hari-nāma-rasa,
nāma-rase māti' hoibo bibaśa
rasera rasika-caraṇa paraśa,
koriyā mojibo rase anibār

I will beg, borrow, or steal the nectar of the name. By the name's effect I will feel paralyzed. O enjoyer of the nectar of the name, when will I touch Your lotus feet till the end of time?

kabe jībe doyā, hoibe udoya,
nija-sukha bhuli' sudīna-hṛdoya
bhakativinoda, koriyā binoya,
śrī-ājñā-ṭahala koribe pracār

When kindness to all beings will be appearing, with free heart forgetting my self- comforting, Bhaktivinoda in all humility prays, "Now I'll set out to preach Your order sublime." We are eternally indebted to Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur for blessings us with this most wonderful song.

Click here to hear a recording of this song sung in English.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Would You Be Pleased If I Give Class?

Hare Krishna Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my obeisances.
All glories to your lotus feet.
All glories to Gurumataji.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Gurudeva, Krishna Bhagavan has asked me to give Bhagavad Gita class in the temple. Before accepting I would like to have your blessings. I feel a bit strange sitting on the vyasasana where many great souls like yourself and Danvir Maharaja of have sat when I still think of how to be independent. Please instruct me if this would be pleasing to you.

Your eternal servant,
Bhakta Avatar das

Answer: You Have My Full Blessings

From: Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Bhakta Avatar,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You have my full blessings to give the Bhagavad-gita class. Take this as a humble service to your spiritual master and all the previous acharyas to present the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna exactly as He and the previous acharyas have given them without any changes.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?