Don't Try to Be the Controller

Since we are under the stringent grip of the laws of material nature, as long as we try to be the controllers of this material world it is sure and certain that we must be frustrated in our attempts to be happy. There is no reason that we have to try to be the controller when there is already an unlimitedly powerful and benevolent Supreme Controller who is orchestrating everything so perfectly and so wonderfully. The only reason we experience imperfection and anxiety is that we are artificially trying to imitate the Supreme Controller. So instead of making a futile attempt to compete with Him, we should be intelligent enough to co-operate with Him and enjoy an eternal existence, which is full of knowledge and full of bliss.

Even As a Baby Krishna Remains the Supreme Controller

Even As a Baby Krishna Remains the Supreme Controller

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Is One Drop of Guru's Mercy Sufficient for Perfection?

We sing the prayer "Gurudeva Kripa bindu diya koro ei dase", begging for a drop of mercy from our spiritual master. I have heard from devotees that underlying this prayer is the basic concept that even if I get a single drop of Gurudeva's mercy, I will get all the qualities required to peacefully chant the Holy Name, and my life will become perfect. Also it obviously carries a deep conviction that I haven't yet gotten even a single drop of Gurudeva's mercy. I am so unfortunate.

On the contrary, I do practically experience that I am getting so much of Gurudeva's mercy every day, every moment in so many forms. Otherwise how am I surviving? Gurudeva is my oxygen pipe. I practically experience this everyday.

How do I synchronize the understanding that just a single drop of my Gurudeva's mercy is sufficient to make my life perfect but I haven't got even one single drop yet, with my personal experience of getting blessed with Guru's mercy and surviving on it every moment?

Begging a drop of your mercy,
Visvanatha Das

Answer: Depends on How Much You Take Advantage

You can get one drop of the guru’s mercy and become perfect, or you can get an ocean of the guru’s mercy and remain imperfect. In depends on how much you take advantage of the mercy of the spiritual master.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?