Planetary Spiritual Revolution Paradigm

Sometimes people want to know why I joined this Krishna consciousness movement. After all shaving your head and putting on a robe is not exactly the normal lifestyle for a young man growing up in America. Of course, I had a very good reason for joining. I did not join out of any blind sentiment or fanaticism. I was searching for a paradigm that could bring about a complete, total spiritual revolution on this planet bestowing peace and prosperity upon all. Previously I considered that this could be accomplished by the love and peace movement spawned in the USA during the sixties. But by complete immersion in that love and peace movement in 1969 and 1970 I witnessed how much it was lacking in true love and peace. And then in 1971 in Austin, Texas through my association with that most amazing of sannyasis, His Holiness Vishnu Jana Maharaja, I experienced how the Krishna Consciousness Movement under the sublime orchestration of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was indeed the perfect paradigm for bringing about the planetary spiritual revolution that I so strongly desired. So of course, naturally I joined. I would have been an idiot not to. And now here I am trying to push forward this spiritual revolution all over the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

That Most Amazing of Sannyasis His Holiness Vishnujana Swami

(Photo from 1970's--Unknown Location)
That Most Amazing of Sannyasis His Holiness Vishnujana Swami

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Inspiration Needed

Thank you for the quotes. They are really appropriate. Yesterday I was desperately needing something and I tried various things but none worked. Just then I received "Thought for the Day" saying that when all else fails chanting Krishna's name will solve your troubles. I did that and within five minutes my problem was solved.

Today I had a disagreement with a friend and was feeling bad when your daily thought said, "Detach from the day-to-day dramas." Your messages are very appropriate to my life. Thank you so much for such a service.

I have a question: I am currently working, but I am not very happy with the commute I need to do in order to reach the company. I want to change my job to somewhere near my house where it is more convenient for me. I have applied for a job at a company near my house. But I have to do some studies and better my skills in order to get into that company. My problem is that by the time I reach home from work I am very tired and I can't study. I need some inspiration to wake up early in the morning and do my studies. Can you please send me some verse or quote from the Bhagavad-gita that'll inspire me?

Thank you
P.N.

Answer: Unlimited Ocean of Inspiration from Krishna

I am very happy that you are finding my instructions to very appropriate to your life. They must be appropriate because they are coming from Krishna, Who is the very source of our existence. He is the source of all this wonderful knowledge and mercy. I am simply the humble messenger.

The best inspiration we can have in all of our activities is simply to offer everything that we do with love to our most eloved Lord Sri Krishna. Then because of the love, even if we have to go hell in Krishna's service, our hearts will be overflowing with transcendental bliss at every minute. This is why Krishna gives us the following instruction in the Bhagavad-gita:

yat karoṣi yad aśnāsi
yaj juhoṣi dadāsi yat
yat tapasyasi kaunteya
tat kuruṣva mad-arpaṇam

"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer or give away, and whatever austerities you perform--do that, O son of Kuntī, as an offering to Me."
--Bhagavad-gita 9.27

Plus a practical tip: Be an absolute fanatic about getting to bed as early as possible every night, even if it seems too early. If you get to bed by 8:30pm, you can rise by 2:30 am or 3:00am and have plenty to time to chant Hare Krishna, read the Bhagavad-gita or the Srimad Bhagavatam, and then study nicely with a peaceful mind for your new job. The key for effective studying is to do it with a peaceful mind. In this way you can absorb the knowledge ten times faster. If you will follow my humble instructions, you'll face every day with a big bright smile on that your face that will light up the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?