The Most Wonderful Discovery

It's 6:45am on 7 December 2008. We are traveling in a motor vehicle from Vrindavana to Karoli, Rajasthan for the most auspicious darshan of Madana Mohana. I have just completed chanting 16 rounds of Hare Krishna japa mala, and the dawn is beginning to manifest on the eastern horizon. This is a nice peaceful time of the today for writing "Thought for the Day." Feeling very much blessed by the presence of Krishna in His holy dhama, this morning as we were leaving the Vrindavana area my mind flew back to that most wonderful time in Denver, Colorado, USA back in 1968 when Krishna so wonderfully entered my life in the form of a beautiful poster. That poster of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna was so inspiring that I immediately knew that I must worship this all-attractive Lord Krishna and offer all of my food to Him before eating. And in due course of time that all-merciful Lord sent me a bona fide spiritual master to teach me the innermost secrets of how to become perfect in love with Him.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Radha Krishna Poster I Found in 1968

Radha Krishna Poster I Found in 1968-Sankarshan Das

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Why Other Gurus Are Not Like You?

My obeisances to you!

Why are other gurus not intellectual and not having the thirst to give Krishna consciousness practically, poetically, and wonderfully like you?

Your servant,

Gayathri

Answer: I Am Simply the Humble Servant of My Spiritual Master

From: En route to Jaipur, Rajasthan

My Dear Gayathri,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I make no claim to the exalted position of guru. I am simply the humble messenger delivering to others what I have heard from my spiritual master. In regards to your inquiry it is natural that every bona fide guru will intellectually, practically, and poetically present the science of Krishna to his disciples and to the general public. It is only the charlatans who are not up to the standard. No amount of propaganda can turn a charlatan into a bona fide spiritual master. He must be genuine to properly convey the Absolute Truth.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Always your well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?